US Citizen - marrying Indian girl * urgent *

sanju_denver

Registered Users (C)
Hello:

I am a US citizen and wants to marry girl from India. If I want to bring her to US - what should I do?

As I read - I need to file I129 for K1 visa - How long does it takes it to come? + how do I know if it is approved? Do I get the letter or it goes to Indian consulate?

Can she try tourist visa or Business visa? she just traveled to Australia for 20 days and came back....her brother is here in US for flying school - Can he invite her for some graduation ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

-Sanju

Hello:

As I read - I need to file I129 for K1 visa - How long does it takes it to come? + how do I know if it is approved? Do I get the letter or it goes to Indian consulate?

From start to finish youre looking at round about 6-10 months. Each case is different, so no one can tell you exactly how long your case would take.

Once the petition is approved in the US you will receive notice in the mail (this is called the NOA2). For the actual K1 visa to be approved, your fiance will find out personally after her interview at the consulate/embassy in India.

Can she try tourist visa or Business visa? she just traveled to Australia for 20 days and came back....her brother is here in US for flying school - Can he invite her for some graduation ceremony?

She can try for a tourist visa, sure. Though they are self petitioned.
Whether or not she will get one approved is another issue....and this will be even more difficult if she has a K1 in the works.

Thanks.

So if I wait until she gets result of her visitor visa...and file K1 later on?

or if I go to India - get married and file K3 ( I am not sure if it is same).

So if I wait until she gets result of her visitor visa...and file K1 later on?

You can do this- though this will not guarantee that she will get a visa- it will just remove a potential reason for denial.

or if I go to India - get married and file K3 ( I am not sure if it is same).

Of course, if you wish, you can go to India and marry her- then file for a K3 (or CR1) and then once she gets the visa (6-10/12 months later) she can travel to the US and enter on this visa to live with you.