US citizen marrying a B1/B2 visa holder living outside US

brenna

Hi,
I'm a US citizen (well, my oath ceremony is this month). My boyfriend/fiancee has a B1/B2 visa with multiple entry till 2016. He had worked in US for a month, before we met. Now we know each other for a year(arranged by family) and planning to have both engagement and wedding in August in India. What is our best shot at living in US together as soon as possible. Not sure if it is a help/complication, my BF's office is planning to send him to US for a project using his visa.
Is it possible to get married and then adjust status if he ends up coming to US through work? or how will applying for GC for spouse work in this situation?

Thanks for your help.

So you are not a US citizen yet and you have just claimed to be a US citizen. This is a big "No No".
I'm a US citizen (well, my oath ceremony is this month).

If he comes on an H-1B or L-1 visa, then you both can marry and then a apply for his AOS a few months down the road. Otherwise, your best option would be for you to sponsor him for a K-1 visa once you become a US citizen.

Is it possible to get married and then adjust status if he ends up coming to US through work?