US Citizen Husband/sponsor runs away before interview

Mamzel

My mother married a US citizen, resigned from her job back home, sold everything and came here with my younger bro on a K3 VISA. Marriage has had its ups and downs, her husband has been pretty degrading towards her. They moved to Florida last year, and he decided that he hated being away from his married kids and that the current job situation was not for him. So, while my mom was at work, he removed his son from school, packed up a few things and ran away out west. They are scheduled for their interview in 2 weeks. She's applying for a conditional green card. The only thing she has right now is a valid work permit.

Should she show up at the interview? Should she withdraw her petition? My 3yr residency is in August, that being when I can apply for naturalization. Can I petition for her residency after I get my citizenship? Can she stay in the US that long? And what about my bro who's only 15? On what grounds can he stay here until he completes his last year of high school which is next year?

With your petition for him as a citizen, your brother has a long wait for a visa number; your mother will get one almost immediately.

You mother needs an attorney on Monday. First an immigration attorney and then a divorce attorney. If she needs to file for the divorce, she needs to do so before her husband establishes residency in another state.

Thank You

Thanks. We just managed to get a hold of Rajiv Khaan and we are talking to him on Monday. Hopefully we can sort out this mess and save them from deportation.