US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

interview question for people getting interview:
1. bring alot of pictures cause they want to see your pictures in different clothes, and different place.
2. make sure you bring all the affidavits from people and parents that you are married.
3. official document such as marriage certificate.
4. lease documents, credit cards, health and insurances.
5. approval notice

I have a question. I'm a USC and have applied for m wife (who lives in Pakistan). Now we've done the I-130, and are in the process of filling out the DS-230. They require my wife to have a 'Police Report'. She got a police report made about 8-9 months ago (as we were keen on getting all the documents in order for this time).

How recent does the police report have to be, or is a 9 month old police report ok? Also, I can seem to find out who to send all this paperwork to. Do we send it to the NVC? We're with the NVC in Portsmouth, NH.

Please - any and all help is welcomed!

well police report is only valid for 6 months, so you well need another one cause i just got mine made today

also about the documents we shall find out on monday when we call nvc and ask them

i will keep you posted

where in pakistan is your wife

My wife is in Lahore, PK. From what we understand that for interview she'll have to go to Islamabad.

We've sent the NVC all our documents to the NVC (Portsmouth, NH) (and a 9 month old police report) via FedEx and they received it early business on Friday (5th Aug). I'll probably call them late today and ask them what the deal is and when to expect an interview date (or am I being too keen!?)

I am making an assumption here (so chime in and correct me if I'm wrong), but if they want a more recent police certificate they'll probably just tell us to bring one in when my wife goes for the interview in Islamabad. OR..... will they send out a 'Request For Evidence (RFE)' before she gets called for an interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully the NVC accepted everything. Does anyone have an idea how long until we get called for an interview in Islamabad, PK?