US Citizen applying for Spouse K1 vs. B1

aisharan

Registered Users (C)
Would request anyone in the same boat to share experience. Listed below are briefs of my case:

- Me, my spouse, and my kids were in US till 2007
- I got naturalized in 2008, my spouse remains an Indian citizen.
- We returned back to India and plan on being here
- Kids were born in US and are citizens
- We would like to visit US (yes to travel Disney only)
- Spouse previously entered into US as B1, got married to me, and converted her B1 to H1.

Is it better for my spouse to apply for B1 visa? or should I apply for a green card?

The diacotomy - We do not intend to be in US for the next 10 years so do not see a benefit of having a green card for spouse. At the same time, given her history of how she came to US, got married, got H1 etc I am not thrilled about the prospects of what may occur during the B1 interview. My pref obviously is B1 as we only want to visit and not settle there.

Would the Mumbai Consultate challenge her B1 in any scenario? Is it safer to get a green card?

Cheers
AISHARAN

Yo Triple please chill and hopefully provide a response that is more meaningful. If you have none one can always refrain from giving opinion.

I am not the only one who will suggest people not to cross post. Most other members will do exactly the same. I guess you will have to ask them to chill out too.

Yo Triple please chill and hopefully provide a response that is more meaningful. If you have none one can always refrain from giving opinion.