URGENT: Stolen Indian passport/F1 visa, can I apply for STEM extension?

SmittenKitten

Hello everyone,

I have lost all my important documents including - Indian passport, F1 Visa, EAD card, all previous I20`s. I am trying to get all my documents asap by applying for replacement/duplicate documents. I will be applying for new passport in US itself and have already asked for my latest I20 copy from my university. I am currently on OPT and it ends in February 2015. Once I have the passport and my latest I20, I will apply for the EAD card again and this time just selecting "Replacement card" check-box while doing so on form I-765. I am having a few concerns while doing all this procedure:
1. I was wondering instead of applying for an OPT EAD card again can I get the STEM extension approval for OPT based upon all my previously submitted documents?
2. Does the university approve my STEM extension approval even when I wont be having have my visa stamped on my new passport?
Since I should have submitted all the documents to my university at time of my first OPT application, so they should officially have all the things and I wont need to send again.

Please let me know what are my possible options in this scenario? All suggestions and comments are welcome.