Urgent Please, Change of birth date in the passport

GC1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-140 is approved recently. I opted for CP in Chennai. Here is
 The problem. My wife\'s birth was actually registered on Dec 25, 1972.
But her school records indicate that date of birth is Jan 15, 1973.
You know it is a common practice in India to change the birth date for
School admissions etc.. She got the passport based on the school date of
Birth and got H4 visa too.

I talked to my attorney about that. He said \'take the original birth certificate
Since it is available ( also late registration is available who are born after
April 1970). Then take affidavits from parents that it was entered wrong on the
School records and change the date of birth in the passport\'. He still prefer CP.

Can we change the date of birth on the passport in Houston indian consulate?
Is it still a good decision going for CP?

No Title

Yes you can change the date of birth in your passport from the Indian consulate here at the US, Send in the passport, the application for miscellaneous service and the birth certificate from the the muncipal authorities. It could be done pretty quickly.
Stick to the date on the registered birth certificate, this is safe and change the date on your passport. No need to worry on the date in your school records or marksheets.
Best of luck.

No Title

HI green_my_green,

thanks for your reply. But we talked to the indian consulate at Houston. They said it has to be
done in India since the passport was issued there. Also it is not as easy as getting miscellanious
services. They said we need to get the court order first to change the birth date and then
take it to the passport office in India. I think it is a long procedure.

If I go for 485 instead of CP, will it be okay if I use only the affidavit of support?

Thanks

This is what i did....

I had the same problem with my wife\'s Birth certificate.
Here is what i did. Just applied for new Birth certificate as if there was not previously issued birth certificate. Since it was registered only as current, i got affidavit from my in-laws.
Which according to my attorney is perfect.
Only problem here is u have to go through court in india which takes 1 month atleast!!!!>

No Title

Hi ssuresh,

Have you not changed your wife\'s passport to reflect the original date of birth?

Please Help.....

Hi ssuresh ,

I am also in the same boat as of yours. would appreciate your help if you could inform " how you were able to change the date of birth in the Passport". What are all steps you went through this process.

Thanks