urgent perm residence status help

sweet_saychelle

Hi, I am from the Philippines and I came here in the US with a fiance visa. After a month, me and my boyfriend (now my husband) got married. I already stayed here in the US for almost 90 days with my husband without changing my status because of financial problem. Is it really a must to change my status before 90 days is over or it doesn't matter at all now that we are married? And now that we have money to work on the papers i just want to know what are the forms that we need to file to change my status and for me to be able to work, how much do we need to pay and where should we send the forms? We are really confused as to what forms we need because there are descripancies in what we were told and what fees we see online.

I really hope you can help us because we only have 5 days more left before 90 days of staying here in the US. Thank you so much!

You need to file an I-485 real soon. Read up on the form and pick the K-1 option when filling it in.

I already stayed here in the US for almost 90 days with my husband without changing my status because of financial problem. Is it really a must to change my status before 90 days is over or it doesn't matter at all now that we are married?