• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

URGENT NEED HELP - Eligibility for Diversity Visa 2007- please replay before 11 janau

Ling76

Registered Users (C)
I applied for DV lottery 2007, and I was chosen as a candidate. Moreover I was called for the interview in the embassy EEUU in Taipei-Taiwan, because I am living in Taiwan at the moment, after I sent initial documents to KCC. However I have some questions about my eligibility as Panamanian native.

I was born in China, and now I am a Panamanian citizen with PE (Panamanian born in foreign country) status. My father was PE as well. My father was born in China but he was living in Panama and he was (PE) Panamanian citizen at the time I was born. However, my mother was born and living in China at the time I was born, but now she lives in Panama. Moreover, my grandfather was born in Panama.

Under these conditions, am I eligible for the Diversity Visa? May I claim eligibility from nativity of my father? Does PE (Panamanian born in foreign country) have the same right as the people that were born in Panama in the case of DV lottery?

In my country PE have the same right like the one person to born in Panama.

I already send this question to KCC and the embassy of EEUU in panama, then the KCC say: KCC is not authorized to assist you with this issue. Please contact the American Embassy/Consulate with jurisdiction over your area for further information.

And the embassy of EEUU in panama hasn’t to replay me yet and I don’t think they will replay me.

My actually situation is: Few days ago it was my interview, but In the moment to check my document, the woman say I am not eligibility for this program because they need my both parent (mother and father) to be no resident in China and my father doesn’t born in Panama, I was so confuse about the situation in that moment.

Then if I am not eligible, why I complicated the process until interview and why they accept to me in the system when I applied and If I am married , my spouse can claim for the right to green card and I can not claim my father nationality Panama . Finally, I change the deadline for interview to next week 12 January, now I don’t know what I can do, because I don’t know where I can ask for this kind the issues, I am so far of my country and I think the embassy of EEUU in panama is not going to help with my case. However, I don’t understand the law in EEUU that why could you can give suggestion about my case.

Now, I don’t know to continue and pay the interview next week or stop here, anyway, the already stamp in my passport when I went few day ago.

I am worry about the stamp, i dont want that can afect me in the future , if i will aplicate to visa o othe issue.

as far as my knowledge goes, citizenship of a country does not matter at all in DV program. if u r claiming alternate chargeability to ur parents nativities, then both of ur parents should be natives of a qualifying country. in ur case, ur parents were born in china, so they are considered natives of china even if they are citizen of different country now. so ur parents nativities as well as citizenship wont help u. however, if ur spouse was born in panama (and u claimed alternate chargeability to panama at the time of filling DV lottery entry form) the u r eligible. they do not check what information u provided at the time of filling dv entry forms. so, it does not mean they accepted ur entry earlier if u r sent winning notice.

jyadul said:
as far as my knowledge goes, citizenship of a country does not matter at all in DV program. if u r claiming alternate chargeability to ur parents nativities, then both of ur parents should be natives of a qualifying country. in ur case, ur parents were born in china, so they are considered natives of china even if they are citizen of different country now. so ur parents nativities as well as citizenship wont help u. however, if ur spouse was born in panama (and u claimed alternate chargeability to panama at the time of filling DV lottery entry form) the u r eligible. they do not check what information u provided at the time of filling dv entry forms. so, it does not mean they accepted ur entry earlier if u r sent winning notice.

But, then why send me the day for entreview...and now i have the stamp like i apllied for immigration to EEUU. all my infomation was in the document send KCC. they must reject me before for dont have elegibility, Dont give the intreview. Now i am worry if in the future ask for visa or other status and the afect me.

I agree with Jyadul, so where was your spouse born??? If she is native of a qualifying country then you may have a chance.

"Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases this means the country in which you were born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify. First, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth provided both you and your spouse are on the selected entry, are issued visas and enter the U.S. simultaneously. Second, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth, you may claim nativity in one of your parents’ country of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the DV-2008 program."

Personally I would not worry about the stamp. A stamp is always issued to indicate that the individual has appeared in front of a Consular Officer regarding a visa that was not issued for a variety of reasons.

Very best of luck

Barbara

unfortunately, I am single… I don’tknow if it is good to married for that. But i am worry for they can cancel my actual visa for transit in EEUU , and it will hard to apply for visa in the future. :(