Urgent Landing Question

GcWaiter5yrs

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We are planning to land in Canada this week. Actually my wife she is a PRINCIPAL
Applicant and I am her dependent and now she would be the first person to land as
I will landing a week later.

My question is in terms of showing money(finace) while landing my wife she will carry all
the cheques($10,000 CD). SO do you think there would be any problems for me later when I land and I
don\'t have enough money. How much should I carry?

Please respond

THanks

No PROBLEM for you

IF your wife is principal applicant she has to show 10000 CDN For self and 2000 CDN for Spouse (YOU) she should take 12000CDN.
 NO PROBLEM FOR YOU IF YOU LAND LATER(before your landing paper expire) AS YOUR WIFE\'s IMMIGRATION RECORD WILL SHOW IN THE IMMIGRATION RECORDS.
YOU DO NOT NEED ANY MONEY TO SHOW TO IMMIGRATION, you can carry as much as you want.

Best form of Money Transfer to Canada ??

I am moving to Canada permanently in a few weeks. What is the best way to transfer all the funds/savings I have acquired in the USA? Traveller\'s/Banker\'s Cheques, Wire Transfer or any other means? Request your inputs. Thanks......

No Title

Better is to take the Bankers check, But it will take you 15 days to get the money in your Canadian Bank account,so better take some money also by Travellers Cheques+some cash for immidiate use. Wire transfer will cost you more.

Take Travellers checks..they are cashed on the SPOT !!

Use AAA to get them and they give them to you for free.
Bankers checks from US bank take 6 weeks to clear.
I know this from my own experiance.

Careful !- Read on

Thereare no limits but if you are transfering 10k or above on your person you need to declare it to the US Customs before leaving. This is true even if it is a check payable to yourself, bankers check , cash whatever.

If you do not and they stop you they can confiscate it if they want.

take us bank statement

us bank statement is sufficient proof of funds.
You can use ur personal us checks to transfer money.

Can Canada multiple entry visitor visa holder enter US with multiple entry US visa?

Hi floks,

I need your advice. My parents hold Canada multiple entry visitor visa and US multiple entry visitor visa. Whenenver, they visit Canada , will they be able to visit US using multiple entry US visa and do the vice-vera ?

Thanks

No Title

As long as you have valid visa there should not be any problem
to travel between US & Canada.

Canadian Immigration related

I\'m from India(Mumbai)
I have been running from pillar to post over here as to trying to find out the qualifying points for immigrating to Canada on independent categorie, The off. web site of CANADA states that the req. pts. should be 80, but, the agents here say that the govt. is getting it down to 70 or 75 by June,28th(BILL C-11), do any one of you have any idea regd, this.
Also, how are the JOB scenario there(No i\'m not a IT person), if not Toronto or Vancouver which are the other nice places a person can settle down (for life).
Please do let me know.