1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Urgent: Kindly Review My GF's Finances

Discussion in 'General F Visa and Related Issues' started by indrajit29, Jun 15, 2008.

1. indrajit29

indrajit29 New Member

NAME:SUKANYA MONDAL

GRE: 1420 (in May, 2007)
    TOEFL IBT: 102 (in August, 2007)

Applied in 6 univs: Wayne State Univ; Univ of Wisconsin, M***aukee; Brown Univ;George Washington Univ; Univ of Pittsburgh; Marquette Univ;

Got admits from 4 univs: Wayne State univ (in both MA and Ph.D), George Washington Univ(Ph.D);Univ of Pittsburgh(MA); Marquette Univ(MA)

Funding: None

Applying for Visa: With I-20 from Wayne State Univ

Program: Master’s in English

Expenses as shown in the I-20: US $ 28,494 (for one year)

Course duration: 36 months (as mentioned in the I-20)

Sponsor: Family (parents and sister)

1st Year Expenses: from three Savings Bank Accounts in the name of my father, mother, and sister.
    (Father-Rs.8 lacs, Mother-Rs.1.5 lacs, Sister-Rs.3 lacs)

The rest (i.e. 24 lacs) I am showing as FDs .

I am taking no bank loan.

I would like to mention here that my father has retired from his job almost a year back (It was a voluntary retirement.) And he gets a regular decent pension.
    My mother is a housewife.
    And my sister is a student.

is it ok for me as i am showing the liquid cash in three bank accounts in a same branch (father, mother and own younger sister) for total first year expenses instead of one account (and one sponsor as well)? by the way, i am showing fixed deposits for remaining yrs (joint and individual FDs of my father, mother and sister). Kindly comment. Is my financial standing OK?

I AM GOING TO APPEAR FOR VISA INTERVIEW ON JUNE 24, 2008.

KINDLY REVIEW MY FINANCIAL STANDING AND LET ME KNOW IF I WOULD FACE ANY SORT OF PROBLEM WITH THIS FINANCIAL SITUATION. PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOMETHING ABOUT THE CRITICAL QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS I MAY FACE IN THE VI.

I AM EXPECTING QUITE GOOD NUMBER OF RESPONSES FROM THE EXPERIENCED GUYS..KINDLY REPLY..THANKS IN ADVANCE..