Urgent: Kindly Review My GF's Finances

indrajit29

NAME:SUKANYA MONDAL

GRE: 1420 (in May, 2007)
TOEFL IBT: 102 (in August, 2007)

Applied in 6 univs: Wayne State Univ; Univ of Wisconsin, M***aukee; Brown Univ;George Washington Univ; Univ of Pittsburgh; Marquette Univ;

Got admits from 4 univs: Wayne State univ (in both MA and Ph.D), George Washington Univ(Ph.D);Univ of Pittsburgh(MA); Marquette Univ(MA)

Funding: None

Applying for Visa: With I-20 from Wayne State Univ

Program: Master’s in English

Expenses as shown in the I-20: US $ 28,494 (for one year)

Course duration: 36 months (as mentioned in the I-20)

Sponsor: Family (parents and sister)

1st Year Expenses: from three Savings Bank Accounts in the name of my father, mother, and sister.
(Father-Rs.8 lacs, Mother-Rs.1.5 lacs, Sister-Rs.3 lacs)

The rest (i.e. 24 lacs) I am showing as FDs .

I am taking no bank loan.

I would like to mention here that my father has retired from his job almost a year back (It was a voluntary retirement.) And he gets a regular decent pension.
My mother is a housewife.
And my sister is a student.

is it ok for me as i am showing the liquid cash in three bank accounts in a same branch (father, mother and own younger sister) for total first year expenses instead of one account (and one sponsor as well)? by the way, i am showing fixed deposits for remaining yrs (joint and individual FDs of my father, mother and sister). Kindly comment. Is my financial standing OK?

I AM GOING TO APPEAR FOR VISA INTERVIEW ON JUNE 24, 2008.

KINDLY REVIEW MY FINANCIAL STANDING AND LET ME KNOW IF I WOULD FACE ANY SORT OF PROBLEM WITH THIS FINANCIAL SITUATION. PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOMETHING ABOUT THE CRITICAL QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS I MAY FACE IN THE VI.

I AM EXPECTING QUITE GOOD NUMBER OF RESPONSES FROM THE EXPERIENCED GUYS..KINDLY REPLY..THANKS IN ADVANCE..