urgent!!! judge interview, need translator

54belgo

Registered Users (C)
HI! I am writing on behalf of a Congolese from Brazzaville. He did his first interview for asylum and had to wait for 2 years for an answer. He was with a group of people from his country and some chose to be deported voluntarily instead of going to jail. He decided to stay and he is in a shelter. He is going in front of the judge on Monday 8.11.03 and need a translator badly. (French-English). He came in the US with a student visa and the situation in his country deteriorated. So he applied for asylum. I believe you can have special circumstances and delay your application for asylum (I know it is possible). He has all the chances to win in front of the judge, I know his country well, but his english is poor and he needs all the support he can get. He is in the Boston area. Can anybody provide translating support (I will pay a modest sum if necessary). Please contact me directly at <jordanne@earthlink.net> so I am sure I get your answer. This is for this coming monday.For him, it is life or death. Thanks a million everybody.

Immigration Court

The times I went to my master hearing, the court had translators on hand; even for the ones without lawyers. But I am sure each court is different and you should check with yours to see if they provide such service.

The website for the Immigration Court in Boston is
http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/sibpages/bos/bosmain.htm

Good Luck,
Tony.

translator needed for asylum interview

thank you Tony and Gilbert. This is what I have heard too. I have also heard that he can ask to reschedule and prepare better (find a pro bono). At least, that leaves him a little more time. Thanks a lot. Frederique

Hi
I sugest you guys get good attorney, don't let happen like happen to me.you need good attorney, spetiali in this days.
Yes you can't just wallk in and be translater.
you must show to IJ what realy happpen there, in his/her country INS court don't know that they don't know what happen here in USA :D forget about other countries..
Any way I wish you good luck.

translator for judge interview

Thank you Care2much for your support. We will try to prepare and be better organized. Good luck to you too. Frederique