URGENT I-90 Biometrics in TEXAS instead of ILLINOIS

Procast

My 10 year green-card expired few months back. I e-filed I-90 application in which, I gave a trusted friend's address in Texas as my 'Mailing Address' and my own Illinois address as my 'U.S. Physical Address'. I live in Illinois and have lived here for many years, I had, of-course, expected an Illinois location for biometrics. I had given my friend's Texas address as my mailing address because I need to travel to India as soon as possible and need to spend around 4 months there. (I do plan to apply for U.S. citizenship after I return.) My biometrics appointment is on Aug/19/2013, i.e., 11 days from today and it is in Texas. What should I do? Should I try to rescheule the location? Did USCIS make a mistake? In that case, am I required to notify them that I live in Illinois and NOT in Texas? Will going to Texas for Biometrics imply that I live in Texas and will that have any negative impact, such as on the N-400?

Take the biometrics notice and go for a walk-in at the nearest USCIS office in Illinois which does biometrics.

Note that if you're going to move to Texas after you return from India, you'll need to live 3 months in Texas to meet the 3 month state/district residence requirement before applying for citizenship. You won't have to do that if you return to Illinois.

Dear JackOl

I followed your advice and went to the nearest ASC, which is, Pulaski road, south Chicago. I went (on Wednesday afternoon) 6 days before my scheduled date. They asked me why I had come in early. Explained that if they refused to take me in, I'd have to make all the arrangements for a trip to Texas. They asked me to return on the scheduled date. I tried to explain that even coming to the 'nearest' location had been quite expensive for me but they still asked that I come back on the scheduled date. So I did go back on the scheduled date and they did fingerprints and photo and put a sticker at the back of my old green-card extending the validity by 9 months from the biometrics date. (On both days the ASC was rather uncrowded.)

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and for saving me a far more expensive trip
Procast

Request someone to please explain the difference between the 9 month validity on the old green card and I551 stamp in the passport.

Regards
Usadesi