URGENT : I 765 form rejection ( HELP Please )

premansh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Today I received a Rejection notice stating that " "Form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application or the incorrect fee was submitted." and it also says that " NO FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED ".

I have filed My I485 , I130, I765 , G325a all together.

Can anyone please Help me and guide as in what to do and what was the problem.

They have sent the CHECK BACK for $380 ( fee for I765 ) and there is no additional paper from my file.

PS: They have attached one green paper which says that you can resubmit the application .. something something. ) ....

I am confused that if it says in the rejection letter that no further action is required, then why they have attached on green letter with that.

Please HELP.

Thanks in Advance.

PS: I have attached the Green form with this POST.

h t t p://postimage.org/image/2mne2lc90/

Please remove the space between http ( I dont have 15 post in this forum, so I can not attach any picture or post any link :( )

When you file an I-485 and pay the full fee of over $1,000.00 the fees for the I-131 and I-765 are all included in the single price. Read the form instructions.

Yes. I paid the full fee. So do I have to take any action ? As in resend the form I765 or just wait for more notification ?

you can wait for the receipt for the I-485 and then resend the I-765 indicating that the 485 has been accepted

Here are direct instructions from the USCIS website

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 together with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of a Form I-485.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the valuable information BigJoe5 and Dunee88 . I will wait for couple of days for my status confirmation through postal mail or email and then I will proceed for the next step.

I also contacted the USCIS Help line, they told me that I don't have to do anything. They mentioned that I over paid for the I 765 form ( which is now included in I 485 for with Biometrics ).

Thank you guys one more time.

This forum is a treasure of Knowledge and experienced people.
I saved all my $$ by not hiring attorney and consulting with experienced people in this forum.

Did they return the I-765 application itself? If they didn't, it seems that they're going to continue to process the I-765, and they only rejected the payment, not the application.

I-765 (EAD) rejected due to late submission. Filled for MTR

Hi ,

My I-765 was rejected due to late submission . This is not entirely correct . My current EAD expires on August 20th 2013 and I applied for an extension (STEM) on Aug 13th 2013 . My packet reached USCIS on Aug 19th 2013 . Unfortunately the check included in the packet for $380 was dated "09/13/2012" instead of "09/13/2013" which is clearly a clerical error . My packet was sent back to me with the check . I immediately re-filed with another check with the proper dates and the packet was received on Sept 3rd . After a month i got rejected on October 4th 2013 saying that the application was filed after the deadline .

I have now stopped working (as i cant anymore )and have filed for a MTR .Its been a week since my check for the MTR got cashed and I'm waiting for some sort of updated .

My lawyer says that the chances of it being approved are pretty high but I would like to know your opinions about the case getting accepted/rejected. Has anyone of you had or heard of a similar situation ?Also, I know there are no processing time for MTR but how long would it take usually to get a decision ?

Thank you,