URGENT-How reschedule PR card pick up date?

niwea

Registered Users (C)
How reschedule PR card pick up date?

I had applied for PR card in Canada. Currently I am in India on Vacation. I have received a letter from Immigration Canada to pick up the PR card on February 6, 2003 in Toronto, 55 St. Clair Avenue office. I am unable to make it on that day and I will be back in Canada on March 10, 2003.

What I need to do?
How to reschedule my PR card pick up appointment? OR
Can I send one of my friend to pick up the PR card?

Somebody with any experience in this area? Please reply, Thanks.

1. When did you applied the PR card from Canada? this is just to get info so that others can guess how many days it takes to get letter to pick up the Card after sending the PR card application from Canada
2 your friend can not pick up your card as at the time of pick up your card you have to shopw Photo ID like Passport, Canada driving licence or any other photo ID from Canada government.

"Vault" had rescheduled the date to pick up the card in past I hope he will reply to your post
you should send a letter explaining your situation to CIC Toronto addres that your Pick up date should be resheduled as you can only be able to collect after particular date.
Good Luck!!

Dates for PR card

PR card applied 12/15/2002
(2001- resident)
Resopnse date 01/25/2003
Pick up date 02/06/2003

Originally posted by ginnu
1. When did you applied the PR card from Canada? this is just to get info so that others can guess how many days it takes to get letter to pick up the Card after sending the PR card application from Canada
2 your friend can not pick up your card as at the time of pick up your card you have to shopw Photo ID like Passport, Canada driving licence or any other photo ID from Canada government.

"Vault" had rescheduled the date to pick up the card in past I hope he will reply to your post
you should send a letter explaining your situation to CIC Toronto addres that your Pick up date should be resheduled as you can only be able to collect after particular date.
Good Luck!!

I did not reschedule, but did get information about rescheduling from the PR Case processing center. I spoke with one of the officials (supervisor) when I went to pick up my PR card to see if they would accomodate my wife and my kid on the same day? I was told by the supervisor that, the cards are locked in a time safe (not sure if it is true), and can be opened only on that day. I ended up making 3 trips to St. Claire street.

Postponing PR pickup date

Anyone with info about the postponing of PR pick up date in Toronto? I applied in Dec 26, received notice on Feb 15 and my pick up date is Feb 25. Right now I am in US and won't be able to make it back in Canada at the specified pick up date.
The 1-800 no for PR center doesn't work from the States.

Thanks!

HOW TO RESCHEDULE PR CARD APPOINTMENT:

All,

If you have received the confirmation to pickup the PR Card, then you will have to pick up your PR card on that date. One dosen't have to showup at the time given on the letter. One can pickup the PR card on the date given in the letter at any time.

If you are in the US and cannot go to Canada to pickup the PR Card, then one will have to call the PR Card processing center. I know that one will not be able to call the number from the US. One will have to make alternate arrangements, like asking your friend to conference you in. This is the only way one can reschedule the appointment.

IMHO it would be wise to pickup the card on the given date.

pickup for PR Card

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I don't have any other photo ID(drives liscence, Health Card) than my passport. Would that be enough ?

Hi Vjy,

Thanks for your response. Can you or anyone esle please share with us if you have any experiance with just getting the PR card using your passport and your experiance at St. Clair office. I appreciate your help.