***URGENT**** H1B Extension for 7th year - No Receipt received or any Status!!!

prettygul

Hi,

My spouse employer processed Green card for him and with god's grace labor and I-140 got approved with out any issues, however they applied for H1B extension for next 3 more years on 20th Dec 2010 with premium processing at Vermont Center (Shipping Tracking details shows its reached on 20th Dec 2010), but unfortunately till date we have not received Receipt number or any status on his extension. Our visa/I-94 got expired on 06th Jan 2011 itself (completed 6 yrs on H1B).
Attorney is saying we can stay for another 240 days more with out any issues. Can I know what could be going on tentatively at VSC:confused:? Why we have not received the Receipt number or any status? When Labor and I-140 got approved so easily then why Extension is getting delayed? What we can do next:(?

My only fear is if its get denied then we will not be having much time to sell off House and vehicles...................... Appreciate your immediate response.

Thanks in advance:).

rgds
Prettygul

Ask spouse to have his employer check with the attorney. The attorney may respond to the employer's questions more extensively than to your spouse's.

Thanks for reply....

My spouse has good relationship with his Attroney and he contacted him directly but Attroney is saying "Sometimes there will be delays we have to wait n watch". So I was thinking will Attroney will be able to do something and get to know the status??? We are just eagrly waiting for some reply from VSC, atleast a recepit number which gives us the status. Inordered to avoid delays we asked them to apply in premium processing but unfortunately by our bad luck its stuck :(

rgds
Prettygul