Urgent: filling out I-130/I-485. Spouse has new passport with "Dr." in the name

gabebalazs

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I haven't posted here for years, but this time I would appreciate some quick help if possible.

I have just become a US citizen. I am applying for a green card for my wife. She is a professor at an Ohio university (on H1B) and we've lived together for a couple years now in the States.

Even though she has a Ph.D., all of her past and current US immigration documents list her name without any "Dr." title, it's just simply her first name and last name. However, she just got a new Hungarian passport and in it her name is listed as "Dr. ... ..." since that's her "official" name in Hungary now. (She's using her maiden name, so she has no married name).

So my question is, do we state her name as "Dr. ... ...." on the I-130 and I-485, hence she'll get a green card under that name (with Dr. title), or should we omit the "Dr." title altogether? I'm not even sure if immigration documents and green cards list Dr. (and other) titles on them anyway.

We are trying to submit the documents as soon as possible and this question just occurred to us in the last minute.

thank you!!!!