URGENT@ DEPORTATION or VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE

There is one one little problem with all this, if the lawyer is the one that came up with this great idea, he should be debarred. He should be reported to the ABA.

No idea who the h*** is his lawyer!!!

I call BS on that whole story anyway. A lawyer will not advise their client to get an immediate marriage of convenience, e.g. commit a felony. Perhaps the lawyer, on his mother's prompting, told her that a bona fide marriage to a citizen could help and she's changed this to "you have to marry a USC immediately." In any event, you weren't there, so you have no evidence with which to report the attorney. Obviously any attorney who does advise a client to commit a felony he should be disbarred and imprisoned. But you have only double hearsay through two dishonest parties, which is worse than nothing.

If he goes through with a sham marriage, he's getting in a world of trouble. I'd tell him to talk to an honest attorney himself, that he's setting up to commit a felony, and not to go through with getting married if he hasn't already (a license is only the first step). Then cut him off and have nothing to do with him.

I call BS on that whole story anyway. A lawyer will not advise their client to get an immediate marriage of convenience, e.g. commit a felony. Perhaps the lawyer, on his mother's prompting, told her that a bona fide marriage to a citizen could help and she's changed this to "you have to marry a USC immediately." In any event, you weren't there, so you have no evidence with which to report the attorney. Obviously any attorney who does advise a client to commit a felony he should be disbarred and imprisoned. But you have only double hearsay through two dishonest parties, which is worse than nothing.

You're probably right. This was his mom's whole idea. And it was really fast... very obvious!

What is BS anyway? Anytime today he'll go through that sham marriage...attend to his criminal and Immigration hearings after 2-3 days...and we'll see what happens...

Last edited by a moderator:
You're probably right. This was his mom's whole idea.
Alright, let's stop blaming the lawyer then. But he has an ethical obligation to withdraw from representing him in immigration court once he finds out about the sham marriage.

What is BS anyway?
Sorry, that is polite slang for "bullshit," which is a rude word for cow poop, meaning in this case, an unbelievable lie.

Anytime today he'll go through that sham marriage...attend to his criminal and Immigration hearings after 2-3 days...and we'll see what happens...
I guess so. Sounds to me like his family is spending a lot of money to make him a felon and get him deported in a world of more trouble than he was in already.

Edit: Any chance you could do a Hollywood-ending thing and burst into the wedding when the minister is saying "Speak now or forever hold your peace." and scream "I OBJECT! IT'S A SHAM!" ? Just kidding, sort of. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, let's stop blaming the lawyer then. But he has an ethical obligation to withdraw from representing him in immigration court once he finds out about the sham marriage.

I am so sure the lawyer knew this! If he hadn't, he should be the one to tell the mother to stop thinking B*S!

If only I could make a scene just like the in the movies, but i can't =( I am so far away...=(

I just want to know if the state of New Jersey is strict when it comes to marriage frauds.

The state does not concern itself with whether a marriage is contracted for immigration purposes. As far as the state is concerned, legally a sham marriage is just as valid as any other marriage. It just happens to be a federal crime that will get the immigrant spouse barred from the country--the state won't enforce immigration law.

Had his immig hearing done. he's convinced now that he's already on removal proceedings. the IJ resched another hearing for next year, maybe to see if his marriage is really bonafide or not.

Is there any chance that the couple will be caught of Marriage Fraud even before their court hearing for next year?