Urgent Assistance Needed: Lost EAD Card and Misdelivery Issues

Kudiree Rakkesh

Hi Rajiv,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Rakesh, and I am reaching out to you for guidance and assistance regarding a critical issue I am currently facing with my OPT process.I was referred to you by Lavanya, who had a similar situation and successfully resolved it. Unfortunately, I find myself in a challenging predicament. I graduated from Lewis University in December 2023 and applied for OPT in November. I received my approval notice on January 20th, and the expected delivery date for my EAD card was January 24th. However, the card did not arrive.Upon contacting USPS two weeks later, they informed me that the card was lost due to misdelivery by the carrier. I have raised a request with USPS, but they have not been able to provide a resolution so far. My DSO advised me to raise a request with USCIS, and their response indicates that the matter will be addressed by March 12th.The loss of my EAD card is causing significant issues for me. My OPT start date is January 5th, and it has been one and a half months without any progress. I am actively seeking unpaid internships, but potential employers are reluctant to offer opportunities without the physical EAD card. I have explained that I possess the approval notice and can submit it to the DSO once I receive a job offer. This would allow them to halt the unemployment period and initiate the process for a new card.I am feeling helpless and unsure about how to proceed. I have loans to repay, and the lost EAD card is adding to the financial strain. I have attempted to contact USCIS, but my calls have gone unanswered.I kindly request your assistance in navigating this situation. Any guidance or support you can provide would be immensely appreciated. I am open to any recommendations on how to expedite the process or handle the situation more effectively.Thank you for taking the time to read my email, and I look forward to your guidance.