upgrading status from LPR to us citizen

justmarried10

Registered Users (C)
hey everyone
have a question concerning my case.my wife sent i-130 for me on april 30.on may 20 she became a us citizen.she immediately called uscis to upgrade our case.they told her that she didn't need to send in naturalization certificate unless it was asked for.my questions are:

1.is it normal procedure not to send in naturalization certificate or should we send it in as a precaution?
2.now that our petition is approved is there anyway of checking our status at nvc to ensure that our petition was upgraded to spouse of usc?

would appreciate all answers

one of my friend is in same situation...his case was already approved as LPR,when he became citizen he email his certificate(naturalization) to nvc...
about checking case status at nvc,i think you should call them...

Then she definitely needs to notify them with the natz certificate to upgrade the case. She got wrong advice on the phone, which is a very common problem as many of those phone staffers are incompetent.

Your wife could have kept it simpler by waiting until after citizenship to file the I-130, but she didn't do that so now she has the task of contacting them to invoke the upgrade and following up to check that they did it.

thanks alot jackolantern.she'll have to do that asap...should we wait until the nvc notifies us that they have infact received our petition?do they send us notification that they have received our case?or should we go ahead & send it to nvc anyways?lastly is it realistic to assume that we will be together by the christmas holidays.

please help me!!!!!!!