Update on USCIS website

wrong place

gc_forever said:
Hello,

Mine is very strang situation. My EAD has been approved.
But after 10 days it has been approved the on-line status
says that an RFE has been issued on my EAD case.

I recently changed my job using filing AC21. I used my i-EAD
to change my company. My actual EAD got approved after
I changed my job but I still had a valib AC21.

Has this happened to anyone?
is my approved EAD still valid?

gd_forever, this thread is for updates on USCIS website, please post the question in appropriate thread

Eb1, Eb2, Eb3

for Vermount I see the Following Categories for I-140.
Does anybody know which one is EB2 and Which is EB3

1. Advanced degree or Exceptional Ability
2. Advanced degree or Exceptional Ability requesting a National Interest Waiver
3. skilled worker or Professional
4. Unskilled Worker

I believe the 2nd is EB1 surely.

neocor

neocor said:
for Vermount I see the Following Categories for I-140.
Does anybody know which one is EB2 and Which is EB3

1. Advanced degree or Exceptional Ability
2. Advanced degree or Exceptional Ability requesting a National Interest Waiver
3. skilled worker or Professional
4. Unskilled Worker

I believe the 2nd is EB1 surely.

neocor

Necor,

From your list,
1. EB2
2. EB1
3. EB3
4. I don't know

The National Interest Waiver category comes under EB-2, although it resembles several requirements/flavour of the EB-1 categories.

Does anyone know someone with a pending NIW or EA at VSC since 2002? My RD is 12/2002. I am wondering how longer it wll be before I could learn something about the status of my case!!

majestix said:
Unfortunately I485 date did not move at all

Majestix,

Looks like your I-140 came in very fast (just 13 days).
Is it because you filed separately?

And does it matter now that I485 did not move at all this month? Is your priority date current? I mean before Jan 2002?

I am feeling that nothing will move for soemtime now. What with all the reorganisation going on because of the retrogress thing.

neocor

neocor said:
Majestix,

Looks like your I-140 came in very fast (just 13 days).
Is it because you filed separately?

And does it matter now that I485 did not move at all this month? Is your priority date current? I mean before Jan 2002?

I am feeling that nothing will move for soemtime now. What with all the reorganisation going on because of the retrogress thing.

neocor

Neocor,

Yes my I140 came real fast. I am not sure it was due to the separate filing.

My priority date is May 2002 and I will have to wait for quite some time before my PD date becomes current.

What is ur PD?

Thanks

majestix said:
Neocor,

Yes my I140 came real fast. I am not sure it was due to the separate filing.

My priority date is May 2002 and I will have to wait for quite some time before my PD date becomes current.

What is ur PD?

Thanks

I guess you should be okay with Priority Dates, I guess May 2002 should become current sometime early this year. So it makes sense for you to look at the I485 processing dates.

My PD is Dec 2003 which is obviously way off. So I will be worrying more about the Priority date movement rather than the Processing dates.
I also filed my 485 in Dec, although its a concurrent filing. I had no choice otherwise I would have to wait a long time to even file my 485. I was also contemplating filing separately as I heard the I140 gets approoved fast this way.

You took a very calculated risk with filing separately. Well I wont say calculated but it was really a huge gamble that paid off. You could have been stuck if the I140 was not cleared that fast as it did.

But on second thought it was indeed calculated, as you could have as well filed the 485 in Dec even if the I140 had not cleared. Only risk was that if INS had delyed in providing even a recipt of the I140. But thats very rare, in most cases the employer or the lawyer would be the culprit.

Good job, this kind of thinking is what is needed. I did the mistake in 2003 for opting to file for fresh labor rather than buying a labor which obvioulsy was costly. But I now realize in the long run it would have paid off.

neocor

Neocor,

Let me explain my situation... it was not a calcualted risk I took as you have thought.. I was in a situation where I had to apply only for I140 and not both. If I had an opportunity to apply both then I would have done so. My wife was pregnant and I had no choice. I was not prepared for 485 at all and I was taken back when the retrogression was published. I forced my attorney to move fast and apply for my 485 before 31st Dec. I thought I would miss the deadline.

I also had lot of missed opportunities before to apply for my GC and fortunately I had to pay nothing for my GC process. My future employer is taking care of this.

Thanks

Pd?

Majestix,

What PD is mentioned in ur 140 approval? I am curious to know. Is it ur 140 RD or original labor filing date?

gcaaa111 said:
Majestix,

What PD is mentioned in ur 140 approval? I am curious to know. Is it ur 140 RD or original labor filing date?

Gcaaa,

My PD on 140 Approval is that of Orginal Labor file date.

majestix said:
Neocor,

Let me explain my situation... it was not a calcualted risk I took as you have thought.. I was in a situation where I had to apply only for I140 and not both. If I had an opportunity to apply both then I would have done so. My wife was pregnant and I had no choice. I was not prepared for 485 at all and I was taken back when the retrogression was published. I forced my attorney to move fast and apply for my 485 before 31st Dec. I thought I would miss the deadline.

I also had lot of missed opportunities before to apply for my GC and fortunately I had to pay nothing for my GC process. My future employer is taking care of this.

Thanks

It was a blessing in disguise then. It turned out good ultimately.
Also nice to have a employer who is pitching in all the GC costs and that too with Labor Substitution. Also you said its from a future employer, you must have a pretty good relation with your future employer, or the future employer must have real good trust on you.
You are not obliged to join this employer anymore.
I wish I had such an employer, I will be more than willing to join. I have already spent in excess of $6000 already for the GC, and am not yet free.
neocor

Guys,

Pls keep discussions out of this thread, this thread is specifically to inform each other whenever USCIS publishes new dates.

joyd