• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Unobtainable Birth Certificate!

modelmummy

Hi Simon,
I've been reading ur posts for almost everyday after knowing I 've been selected for further processing.
You and other senior members are helping other people with the best knowledge , thats very kind thing and I am very much appreciated .

-Here my story, -I was born in the country's small town ,our parents( both are now passed away) didnt make their children Birth Certificate at the time of their Birth. That was Ok for their children too, coz we have our scrutinising cards showing Our DOB and places.

-When I come to this foreign land to follow my husband (also from my country) who got a job here.I made a"affidavit " saying I don't possess BC and I stated an oath on my date of birth .Through out all these 6 years , I don't feel bad for that matter.

-Then, I won DV and I've already submitted DS-260 in May. But now I am starting to prepare for all the civil documents for the next step,I am very much worried for that matter,Just in case the Consular Officer ( we will plan our interview in here ,our residing place )will have some doubt and refuse to accept that .

-I 've checked and read the specific Country Reciprocity Schedule, I am sure I have others secondary evidences ;like school diploma,IC,testimonal from my university showing my date of birth with my father's name( but not with my mother name on these papers).
( I am asking my relative back home to get a letter stating my birth date has never been recorded from our township medical office )
~~Please give me ur advice and guide me if I need to prove other thing!
Thanks so much in advance!!!

Last edited:
Well, I'm certainly not Simon, :p, nonetheless, I'm still taking a stab at your post. I'm sure Simon will be around soon to provide his highly sought opinion (assuming he doesn't respond before I'm done with this long winded rambling):rolleyes:

I think the steps you've taken up to date are good. In addition, you should also obtain a Non Availability of Birth Certificate document, this is a certified statement from the appropriate government authority in your town of birth stating no official birth record exists for you or was ever issued because your birth wasn't registered. Now, if you're not able to obtain this document, then you will need to submit a document indicating good faith efforts were made to obtain the required document.

Reactions: CWH
I'm sorry to say I can't advise you with any experience. I have never come across this situation before. If there is any way t get a birth certificate, you really should get it. You will need it for the DV process but also for future needs in the USA. Not having a birth cert might be more common in your country but it is unusual in the USA. For the DV interview I think you are likely to be placed on AP because of that, which can delay your process.

Perhaps others will have more idea. Where were you born?

@Britsimon

It's actually not uncommon for people applying for one form of immigration benefit or the other within the US to have no BC. What is typically required of such applicants is for them to submit a NAB certificate in addition to certified statements from the parents or in a situation where the parents are deceased, from the parents siblings or other close family members confirming the applicant's birth was never registered.

@Britsimon

It's actually not uncommon for people applying for one form of immigration benefit or the other within the US to have no BC. What is typically required of such applicants is for them to submit a NAB certificate in addition to certified statements from the parents or in a situation where the parents are deceased, from the parents siblings or other close family members confirming the applicant's birth was never registered.

Brilliant. Thanks Mom!

:) Really thanks to both of you for reply and also so many posts from here , from which I 've learnt alot about DV procedure and processing .
"Wishing the rest of dv 2014 winners , all the best "
Wish me good luck , too!!