• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

University degree for Education reqirement dv2017

candor

I am applying for DV 2017, I want to know if a University degree in Law from the University of London will be substantial for the education requirement as I have completed only 2 of my A/L subjects.Do you believe this could be a problem?

I am applying for DV 2017, I want to know if a University degree in Law from the University of London will be substantial for the education requirement as I have completed only 2 of my A/L subjects.Do you believe this could be a problem?

It could be. The instructions did state High School (i.e. 12 years elementary) completion, however the actual application was a bit deceptive (asking only what is the highest education you have achieved).

Are you able to cover your bases through the employment route? If you have been employed as a lawyer for at least two years, you are qualified via employment qualifications.

In past years, the requirement has been for at least three GCE/A Level subjects.

Did you get into university after finishing high school on the basis of your A Level results?

But there's been a change in the wording of the education requirement this year which may make it easier to argue for a university degree compensating for lack of high school completion.

In past years, the requirement has been for at least three GCE/A Level subjects.

Did you get into university after finishing high school on the basis of your A Level results?
It could be. The instructions did state High School (i.e. 12 years elementary) completion, however the actual application was a bit deceptive (asking only what is the highest education you have achieved).

Are you able to cover your bases through the employment route? If you have been employed as a lawyer for at least two years, you are qualified via employment qualifications.
Thanks Mattwatt I havent worked for 2 years yet

Thanks Emily My Degree program required only A/S level completion and a Law diploma to sit for the degree programme. But its an internationally recognized Law degree