• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Under 20 years old, double chances of winning?

Arrowx7

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am 20 years old and I applied for the last DV lottery. As I am under 21 years old, parents also applied and listed me as a child, does this mean that I have double chances of getting it?

Thanks

Hello,
I am 20 years old and I applied for the last DV lottery. As I am under 21 years old, parents also applied and listed me as a child, does this mean that I have double chances of getting it?

Thanks

as you are not 21 or older, you are not eligible to be selected.:(
But your chance is still dubble because of 2 applications of your parents:)
hope u win

Last edited by a moderator:
as you are not 21 or older, you are not eligible to be selected.:(
But your chance is still dubble because of 2 applications of your parents:)
hope u win

You are very much eligible regardless of your age as long as you have a minimum of high School diploma.

Thanks guys,
so that means I have triple chances of getting in?

1. My application
2. As an unmarried child under 21, from my mother.
3. As an unmarried child under 21, from my father.

Is that true?

Thanks

Thanks guys,

1. My application

Is that true?

Thanks
That is true. Good Luck

and, if your biological parents have divorced and remarried, then you must be included in your step-parents applications as well.

3 in millions.

The odds of you winning are 3 in millions. Last year KCC received approx.1.7
million application for DV 2007. Initially, 90000 applicant were selected and received NL but only 65000 visa will be issued for the year.

but only 65000 visa will be issued for the year.
really?????? I thought it was 55,000.
The odds of you winning are 3 in millions.
three in how many millions?

Last year KCC received approx.1.7
million application for DV 2007.
really? Where do you get your data????

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1317.html

Applicants registered for the DV-2007 program were selected at random from over 5.5 million qualified entries received during the 60-day application period that ran from 12:00 AM on October 5, 2005, until midnight, December 4, 2005. Approximately 82,000 applicants have been registered and notified and may now make an application for an immigrant visa.

LucyMo,
The quota was 55,000 +5000 from nigeria = 60000 to be given DV visa for DV2007 but NL was sent to 90000 since most people would not follow-up and apply for the visa.

More than 1.7 million people participated in DV 2007. source: NVC/KCC

read the news archive. it was published last september.

thanks,
udi

Thanks guys,

1. My application

Is that true?

Thanks

I m in the same situation but i didnt suscribe my mother neither my father.

If you suscribed yours and if one of them wins, you ll get the visa too IF you and your parents do all the steps to get the visa and go to USA to receive the GC.

Then if your parents dont want to live in US anymore, they will lost their GC but you'll keep yours.

That's what i'll do next year,

See you

LucyMo,
The quota was 55,000 +5000 from nigeria = 60000 to be given DV visa for DV2007 but NL was sent to 90000 since most people would not follow-up and apply for the visa.

thanks,
udi
The number of DV visa for DV-2007 is 55000 as far as I know.
In the DV-2007, 82000 people were notified.
Around 5.5 million people participated in the DV-2007. The number of participants in the DV-2008 reached to 6.4 million people.

Hey,
I know the chances aren't the same in each area.
I know they picked 705 people from Belarus,
I am very very curious of how many people applied form Belarus. Is there any way to find out? i am curious at what my chances are.

thanks.

LucyMo,

thanks,
udi

and the fact that I gave you a link to an official Department of State site with the info from KCC doesn't mean I am correct?

You can give me a link to official info that supports your info. Then I'll believe you.