Unclear US Citizenship decision help.

• Thread starter Deleted member 223614
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 223614

Hello all,

My brother went for a US citizenship interview for the second time today. He was given form N-652, Naturalization Interview Results. The following options were checked:

--------------------

* You did not pass the second and final test of your * English ability/ You will not be rescheduled for another interview for this Form N-400. USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

* Notify USCIS if you change your address.

* Come you any scheduled interview.

* Submit all requested documents.

* Send any questions about this application in writing to the officer named above. Include your full name, Alien Registration Number (A#), and a copy of this paper.

* Go to any Oath Ceremony that you are scheduled to attend.

* Notify USCIS as soon as possible in writing if you cannot come to any scheduled interview or Oath Ceremony. Include a copy of this paper an a copy of the scheduling notice.

-------------------------------

There is one box there that says "knowledge of U.S. history and goverment", but is UNCHECKED. I assume it means he passed.

At first my thinking was that the application was denied, and had to reapply, pay the fee.... start all over... BUT why does the last sentece say "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application." Has his application/case not yet been decided/approved/denied?

What should he expect?

Anyone who has gone through this?

He did

No decision is ever formally given in the interview. The formal decision can only be found in the written notice.

We don't know what to expect. My first thought was that his case/application was denied. But we are in doubt. Don't know if he should reapply, wait or what to do.

Anyone who has had the same or a similar situation?

We don't know what to expect. My first thought was that his case/application was denied. But we are in doubt. Don't know if he should reapply, wait or what to do.

Yes, his application is denied since he falied last English test. How good is your brother's English?
You should advise him to improve on that first; otherwise he is just wasting his money.

Yes, his application is denied since he falied last English test. How good is your brother's English?
You should advise him to improve on that first; otherwise he is just wasting his money.

It's ridiculous. Why couldn't she just told him or make it clear on the receipt. Yes or No.

If you read the interview letter again, you will see there is no "denial" checkbox for her to check.

She had a big mouth to say so.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been almost 2 weeks and the online status tool is still in the "Testing and interview stage". Have not received denial letter, or any letter for that matter.

Every N-400 needs to be adjudicated by two officers. Once during the interview of the applicant and then once after that. Usually by a senior officer or supervisor.

It's ridiculous. Why couldn't she just told him or make it clear on the receipt. Yes or No.

Every N-400 needs to be adjudicated by two officers. Once during the interview of the applicant and then once after that. Usually by a senior officer or supervisor.

Thanks for the reply. So I assume the second officer/supervisor simply confirms whatever the first officer decided during the first interview?

I don't understand what the need for it since the second officer was not there to judge, but whatever.

My concern is that it's been quite a while and no denial letter has been received. Why take so long for a decided denial?

Not necessarily. A supervisor/second officer will provide a second set of eyes and/or more experience. The first officer can recommend an applicant for approval but that recommendation will not be blindly rubber stamped.
If 120 days pass after the interview and no decision is made, the applicant can look at 1447(b) and go down that route.

So I assume the second officer/supervisor simply confirms whatever the first officer decided during the first interview?

Not necessarily. A supervisor/second officer will provide a second set of eyes and/or more experience. The first officer can recommend an applicant for approval but that recommendation will not be blindly rubber stamped.
If 120 days pass after the interview and no decision is made, the applicant can look at 1447(b) and go down that route.

Well in this case the application was not recommended for approval since the "Congratulations....etc" was not checked. So we expect a denial, but it is taking very long. If the first officer doesn't recommend for approval, I assume the second officer will automatically deny.

Well in this case the application was not recommended for approval since the "Congratulations....etc" was not checked. So we expect a denial, but it is taking very long. If the first officer doesn't recommend for approval, I assume the second officer will automatically deny.

That is an incorrect assumption.

There are several cases where people with complications such as a criminal record end the interview without being recommended for approval, then the supervisor approves the case after deciding that the violations/discrepancies were not serious enough to disqualify the application from naturalization.

That is an incorrect assumption.

There are several cases where people with complications such as a criminal record end the interview without being recommended for approval, then the supervisor approves the case after deciding that the violations/discrepancies were not serious enough to disqualify the application from naturalization.

My brother has no criminal background whatsoever, not even traffic violations. It was only the "English ability" that the officer marked down. She wanted him to speak more fluently.

A month has almost gone by and no reply by mail yet. The case status tool still says " Testing and Interview ". We called the number there and it simple repeats the same info from the internet. Is there an email we can send a question to and get status updates? Anyone know, or tried this?

Thanks.

simply keep this ''* You did not pass the second and final test of your * English ability/ You will not be rescheduled for another interview for this Form N-400. USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.''

case closed.

Sorry to tell you this but it is a denial. they re spending more time on other cases. dont worry you will a written decision soon.
in the meantime, help our brother speak english.

good luck.

As USC2013 said, it's a simple denial. Crystal clear don't know what you have to argue about it.

You better help your brother to improve his English. In the book with the Civic questions is everything he needs. I really don't get it how he can survive in the U.S. when he is not capable to manage this simple test :confused::confused:

So, is there an email someone has tried with success?