U.S Citizen marrying Indian citizen in Jan 2013-

jest443

I am a U.S citizen living in chicago, and I will be getting married in India in Janurary to an Indian citizen. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to expadite the immigration process for a foreign spouse or do i have to wait until the marriage. Any forms i can fill out now..i probably have to fill apply for the R-1 / CR-1 Visa for a Foreign Spouse.
please help

US Citizen married Indian Citizen in May 2012

I'm US citizen since 2008 and i got married in the month of May 2012. My wife is Indian citizen and we got married in India. I have actually moved back to India for good..kind of. I will be travelling to US maybe 3-4 months in a given year in future. Since we are not planning to move to US in forcible future, i am not interested in going through the US immigration for applying Green Card to my wife. I am interested in applying for Visitor visa so that she can accompany me to US for 3-4 months and comeback to India.

Is it possible to apply for Visitor Visa for US citizen spouse in India? Also, if there is any other visa which will help for smooth travel? Please Suggest?

Thanks,
Kris-Colorado

Hi Kris,

I am kind of the same situation as yours... I might plan to stay oversea with mix marriage status... and later for the baby, I am able to apply the citizenship for them right even though my future wife is not american citizen?