Two TN Visa status: one new, one reduced hours (Mexican)

erzerz

Hi. I am currently working for company A, and got an offer for Company B.

My TN Visa status for company A ends in two months.

I filled and paid my DS-160 and I'm going for the interview and fingerprint to Mexico for the TN visa for Company B.

1. If I get my status approved for Company B, will I still be able to work (maybe 10-20 hrs/wk) for company A until such visa expires?
2. Should I tell the council at the US Embassy this so he/she won't cancel my visa with A?
3. If I want to extend my visa with A, can I ask for it in the same appointment or should I file another DS-160?

Thanks!!!

1. Yes. make sure you retain the I-94 issued for that TN
2. Yes, but the Embassy doesn't issue Visas for particular employers, it issues a general TN visa.
3. I think this would best be done with an I-129, not at the Embassy. You will not need a second visa, just the second I-94 issued with the I-129.

You only need/receive ONE TN visa in your passport. This covers entry into US on any valid TN status, which you could have several.

So, at embassy, focus on getting your new TN Visa, good for another 3 years, based on Company B sponsorship, then worry about submitting the I-129 for extension of Company A TN status once you come back.

Last edited: