• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Two most important things to do when after arriving in US

gabam

Registered Users (C)
Hello my dear friends,
Just wanted to share my experience with new guys who arrive in US. These are the two things that you have to do day 1 after landing in US.
1) Pass your road test and get your driving license. If you don't know driving, then learn it now while you are in your home country. Don't wait till you get to US, learn it now.
2) Contact a bank and get a secure credit card. This will initiate your credit history. The earlier you get it, the longer history you will have. And you will get the door of opportunities opened for you.

Don't miss these two things, they are extremely important. I am telling you after my own experience.
Best of luck!!!!!

Hello my dear friends,
Just wanted to share my experience with new guys who arrive in US. These are the two things that you have to do day 1 after landing in US.
1) Pass your road test and get your driving license. If you don't know driving, then learn it now while you are in your home country. Don't wait till you get to US, learn it now.
2) Contact a bank and get a secure credit card. This will initiate your credit history. The earlier you get it, the longer history you will have. And you will get the door of opportunities opened for you.

Don't miss these two things, they are extremely important. I am telling you after my own experience.
Best of luck!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this info Gabam. I'm sure others will appreciate this information and I will sure keep it at hand, in case I get selected next year.

What about health insurance after arrival with no job yet?
My wife won DV2018 and she is pregnant and we her due date should be around late January, 2018. We plan to get that baby at US to get him/her US passport. Based on our low CN (AF000036xx), we expect to get interview in October. Still, I read terrifying stories about "AP" that can delay visa for months!!

What about health insurance after arrival with no job yet?
My wife won DV2018 and she is pregnant and we her due date should be around late January, 2018. We plan to get that baby at US to get him/her US passport. Based on our low CN (AF000036xx), we expect to get interview in October. Still, I read terrifying stories about "AP" that can delay visa for months!!

STOP POSTING!!!

Step away from the keyboard and read my reply.