1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump attacks Diversity Visa program

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by rafi-cairo, Nov 1, 2017.

1. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

This is precisely the point I made back in post 166.

(See, if you make short non-profanity laced posts i read them.)

Guriix and Pierre82 like this.
  2. abumiqdad

abumiqdad Member

the tax bill that trump recently signed into law (which i read that it will add 1 trillion more debts in the next 10 years), what was the % on the tracker shown before? just checking how accurate this tracker is.

3. Sihem

Sihem Member

Hello all

According to you, how likely is it that congress and the WH will reach an agreement on DACA before the 19th of Jan. Do you think congress has enough time to work on a new proposal now that the group of 6 proposal was rejected or is there a chance congress will put that proposal to vote even though the WH has rejected it ?

4. Sihem

Sihem Member

@people living in the US, how serious is a government shutdown and to what extent does it affect Americans day to day life ?

5. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

Aww jeez. I come on the forum to pages and pages of swearwords buried in a bunch of opinion filled rant. It will take me time to edit the cusswords out of that, or I just hit the delete button because it's quicker. You may or may not have a worthy opinion - I don't know because all I could see was a waste of my precious time on the screen.

@saabe, don't do that that again. The forum does has standards, and your rant sinks well below them and justifiably earned you a rebuke. Let's keep comments on topic, and free of all the swearing!

Pierre82, Ireeln and SusieQQQ like this.
  6. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

It depends on the department, whether they are self funded, federal or state or locally funded (the latter two aren’t affected), emergency etc. some things keep going, some get delayed, others closed. This should help explain it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...uring-a-u-s-government-shutdown-quicktake-q-a

Sihem likes this.
  7. Mushy_hot

Mushy_hot Registered Users (C)

If congress cannot get deal on DACA before deadline(which I guess 19th jan) does it mean that DV 2019 May have a chance?

8. Pierre82

Pierre82 Well-Known Member

I doubt that they will reach to a deal at this point and the GOP is already preparing a plan B in order to avoid government shutdown. In my opinion DV 2019 is still at risk, since results will be available until May and it means there still lot of open time for negotiations. We have to wait and see what happens.

9. Alien2010

Alien2010 Registered Users (C)