Travelling with Different Last Names in Passport & Green Card

nishi_sm

Hello!

I am a Conditional Green Card holder and I am in India currently, visiting my family. The Green Card is in my married name and my passport is in my maiden name. Now here's my question:

I have to come back to the US asap, what do I do, so that I face no problems with the Immigration Authority here, if I do not change the last name on my passport (I do not wish to change my last name on the passport, bec I may go thru a divorce, so I think it does not make sense to change and then re-change again and again) ?

I can apply for a change in name in the passport due to marriage, here in my country, but as I said that I will be using my madein name once the divorce is final, hence I feel it does not make sense.

In India they have am immigration counter while departure also, unlike the US. I had read on some website(don't recall which one), that I can carry my Marriage Certificate along with the passport and Green Card to the airport and hand that to the Immigration Officer before borading the flight, is that ok, or would there be any problems ?

My ticket is in my maiden name, and I know that there would be no problem with the US Immigration officer, because they told me that all they will see when I come back is my Green Card.

Please advice! I'm quite confused. Its urgent.....

Hello!

I am a Conditional Green Card holder and I am in India currently, visiting my family. The Green Card is in my married name and my passport is in my maiden name. Now here's my question:

I have to come back to the US asap, what do I do, so that I face no problems with the Immigration Authority here, if I do not change the last name on my passport (I do not wish to change my last name on the passport, bec I may go thru a divorce, so I think it does not make sense to change and then re-change again and again) ?

I can apply for a change in name in the passport due to marriage, here in my country, but as I said that I will be using my madein name once the divorce is final, hence I feel it does not make sense.

In India they have am immigration counter while departure also, unlike the US. I had read on some website(don't recall which one), that I can carry my Marriage Certificate along with the passport and Green Card to the airport and hand that to the Immigration Officer before borading the flight, is that ok, or would there be any problems ?

My ticket is in my maiden name, and I know that there would be no problem with the US Immigration officer, because they told me that all they will see when I come back is my Green Card.

Please advice! I'm quite confused. Its urgent.....

HI Nishi,
Sorry but I have the same case like Ursula, but I m still in USA and planning to go to India. I know how Indian immigration people are. I have a question for u that did face any problem? Did u come back ok from India? How was ur experience with Indian immigrants officer? Pls pls share with me bcz I m planing to go to Inadiad with my 3 months old son, if there is any problem on way back then I will cancel my trip to India, so pls reply Nishi. Really appreciate,
Thank u,
Dharti