Traveling while green card application (i-485) is pending

Hi -

I was granted asylum in the US a year ago and am preparing my application for adjustment of status. Would I be able to travel to Canada for 2 weeks while the application is submitted and pending?

I already obtained a refugee travel document (I-131) and has a Canadian visitor visa on it.

Thanks.

Hi -

I was granted asylum in the US a year ago and am preparing my application for adjustment of status. Would I be able to travel to Canada for 2 weeks while the application is submitted and pending?

I already obtained a refugee travel document (I-131) and has a Canadian visitor visa on it.

Thanks.
Can you please tell me what does your "refugee travel document (I-131)" look like?
Is it simply just a piece of paper like a letter or is like a passport book?
How long did it take for you to get it?
I see in I-131 instruction it says you can apply for refugee travel document with no fees if you paid the I-485 fee and applied it after 2007...

Can you please tell me what does your "refugee travel document (I-131)" look like?
Is it simply just a piece of paper like a letter or is like a passport book?
Both Re-entry Permits and Refugee Travel Documents are booklets like a passport.

No, that's for Advance Parole, not Refugee Travel Document.
I'm very postive that all off Advanced Parole, Re-entry Permits and Refugee Travel Documents are using the same form --- I-131
I was just not sure if it would be free for the onese had submitted I-485 and paid the fee and still pending for a decision.

yes you can, you're still at some risk of being questioned at the POE, they will let you back in, but they might give you a hard time when entering the US again , i recomend to wait for your green card, and then you can happily travel wherever you want, now, if its an emergency and it can't wait, then go for it, you should be fine, wish you all the luck!