Traveling to Dubai with Travel Document (Asaylee, Green card holder) Please help me with information

roman_pierce

Hi All,

i'm an asaylee and a green card holder. I was planning to reunite with my family in Dubai for a 10 day visit. After completing the travel document process, i just learned that the UAE does not give Visas for travel document holders and asked me to use my original passport from my country, however as an asaylee i cannot use my NP and also it has expired. Now i'm stuck, my family completed the visa process and also bought their tickets.

- What are my options here? Is there a way for me to request the USCIS to let me use my NP to exit and use my travel document to enter the US?

It's been 4.5 years since i saw my family and we all were looking forward for this trip. Please share any information you know.

Thank you very much in advance.

So you're saying that UAE does not admit people on Refugee Travel Documents? Then I think you're stuck. You do not have a valid passport and cannot get a valid passport from your country (I presume, since you are a refugee; and even if you could you wouldn't want to). Could you meet your family in another country that allows Refugee Travel Documents?

Of course your green card is used to "enter" and "exit" the United States. What you're talking about is how to enter and exit the UAE.

If you feel comfortable renewing your passport for the sole reason of travelling to a third country, it would be hard for CIS to hassle you for it. Will your COP issue you a passport without any trouble? Will they ask for your GC where it says you're an asylee?

I have to check if my COP can renew my passport. But even if they do with out any hassle, am i allowed to use my passport to go to a third country? since i am a an asylee, wouldn't this be a problem later when i apply for naturalization? That is my biggest concern of using my passport.

I have to check if my COP can renew my passport. But even if they do with out any hassle, am i allowed to use my passport to go to a third country? since i am a an asylee, wouldn't this be a problem later when i apply for naturalization? That is my biggest concern of using my passport.

Cafe is a smart guy, listen to him! And If you can renew your passport, there is no problem at all. If you can't, get your RTD, call the airline personnel and go to Kuwait then! There are tons of people from this forum traveling to Kuwait using their RTD.

During your naturalisation interview, they can ask you why you renewed your passport. You can tell them that you did not fear your country's embassy/consulate (if this is true) and that you really needed to see your family in a third country that didn't accept your RTD. As a permanent resident, you can technically use your NP, and many immigration officers do suggest that asylees/refugees who become permanent residents use their passports and GCs.

Everyone's case is different. If applying for and using a passport from your COP will not practically lead to persecution, then you can argue that.

gulf states such as Kuwait,saudia Arabia and united emirates don't accept travel documents, I went many times to Kuwait using my national passport when I was asylee and green card holder

gulf states such as Kuwait,saudia Arabia and united emirates don't accept travel documents, I went many times to Kuwait using my national passport when I was asylee and green card holder

It didn't get you any problem on your naturalization process for using your NP?

My only concern now is getting my NP renewed.

So you're saying that UAE does not admit people on Refugee Travel Documents? Then I think you're stuck. You do not have a valid passport and cannot get a valid passport from your country (I presume, since you are a refugee; and even if you could you wouldn't want to). Could you meet your family in another country that allows Refugee Travel Documents?

Of course your green card is used to "enter" and "exit" the United States. What you're talking about is how to enter and exit the UAE.
Hey.
I have couple of questions.
I just got my travel document but I haven't my green card yet everything is in process and I was able to renew my passport.
Can I go to UAE with my passport and come back to US with my travel document ?
Thank you.

hey,
I am base in USA , I really want to visit my fiance in dubai, I heard Dubai dont accept RTD.
I am an ASYLEE with my green card in process. My country passsport is still valid . I guess the green card is taking too long so, was thinking abt getting a RDT for re intering.Is that possible or what option do i have . really need to travell for a 2 week visit.

hey,
I am base in USA , I really want to visit my fiance in dubai, I heard Dubai dont accept RTD.
I am an ASYLEE with my green card in process. My country passsport is still valid . I guess the green card is taking too long so, was thinking abt getting a RDT for re intering.Is that possible or what option do i have . really need to travell for a 2 week visit.
Note that RTD takes 4-6 months to be issued

Hi All,

i'm an asaylee and a green card holder. I was planning to reunite with my family in Dubai for a 10 day visit. After completing the travel document process, i just learned that the UAE does not give Visas for travel document holders and asked me to use my original passport from my country, however as an asaylee i cannot use my NP and also it has expired. Now i'm stuck, my family completed the visa process and also bought their tickets.

- What are my options here? Is there a way for me to request the USCIS to let me use my NP to exit and use my travel document to enter the US?

It's been 4.5 years since i saw my family and we all were looking forward for this trip Visit Website. Please share any information you know.

Thank you very much in advance.
Given your situation, it's best to contact USCIS directly to inquire about using your travel document for re-entry into the US. Additionally, consulting with immigration lawyers or seeking assistance from your country's embassy in the US may provide further guidance. Exploring alternative travel routes or remote communication with your family could also be considered.