• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

traveling outside the US

kenjidnb

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering if there is any traveling limitation after getting the passport back from the consulate.
In other words, are we allowed to travel outside the US once we crossed the port of entry. I will have my interview by the beginning of December but I have booked some flight tickets USA to Mexico for the end of december. I don't know much about the DV rules yet but I have a feeling like it is going to be hard to make it?!

There are no travel restrictions as a consequence of DV rules although you are still subject to the usual residency requirements for permanent residents, in case you are planning to stay out of the country for a long time.

When you activate your immigrant visa at the port of entry, you will get a stamp on your visa page in the passport which you may subsequently use as proof of your permanent resident status upon returning to the US in case you have not already received your actual permanent resident card by that time.