1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel with I-551 stamp

Discussion in 'Life After The Green Card' started by A.R.N, Aug 11, 2017.

  1. A.R.N

    A.R.N New Member

    Hello all

    I have applied renewal of my GC in Feb this year and I also went to USCIS office to get my passport stamped with I-551 valid for 1 year. My GC (plastic card) expired in June this year

    Is it safe to travel to India? I need to visit my home country due to take care of some important family matter.

    Please advise.

    thank you!!!
  2. BorisIvanov

    BorisIvanov New Member

    When I first got my permanent residence I received a I-551 stamp on my passport and traveled with it (my physical GC card came a few months later). Though upon my return, at the airport, they had to take me aside for 'secondary screening' to verify the passport-stamp i guess ... now all this was 10 years ago!
  3. cafeconleche

    cafeconleche Registered Users (C)

    Most countries recognize the stamp, and India is one of them.

Share This Page