travel to canada - expired h1 visa, valid i797

aguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have to travel to Canada for an interview. My H1B visa on passport is expired, but I have a valid I797 for H1B extension.

Will I need a valid visa stamped on the passport at the US port of entry? I would think yes, but I could be wrong. If I need the visa, then are they allowing stamping in non-home countries? I could get it stamped in Canada.

Thanks.

If your stay in Canada will be less than 30 days and you are not a citizen of the 5 countries not allowed AVR, you should be able to re-enter without a valid visa. I am assuming you are not applying for a US visa during this visit to Canada.

Will I need a valid visa stamped on the passport at the US port of entry?

The white I94 card in the passport is expired, although I have a valid I797. Can I still use automatic revalidation? I am not applying for a visa in CN nor a citizen of the 5 countries.

Visiting canada with expired H1 and i94 but valid i797

I am in the same boat. My H1 is expired but I have a valid I797. I am planning to go to Victoria from Seattle. Should I have to go for H1 stamping?

If you stay for less than 30 days, there is no need for H1B stamping, all you need is a valid I797. Don't forget to get a Canadian visa.

I am in the same boat. My H1 is expired but I have a valid I797. I am planning to go to Victoria from Seattle. Should I have to go for H1 stamping?

If you stay for less than 30 days, there is no need for H1B stamping, all you need is a valid I797. Don't forget to get a Canadian visa.

Correction: you need a valid I797 with unexpired I-94 for the automatic visa revalidation.

Canada is one of the most exciting travel destinations in the world.In Canada you will find a clean, safe and vast beautiful country with endless travel experiences to discover.

Canada is one of the most exciting travel destinations in the world.It has many interesting cities, like Toronto, Montreal or Halifax.Canadians are accustomed to living and interacting with people of different ethnic backgrounds on a daily basis and will generally very friendly.