Travel the world for 5 months

kendall_foret

Hello, I am new to this forum. I wonder if anyone has answer to my question.

Simply. I have been GC holder for the last 9 years, and I took some trips in past but they were not longer than couple of weeks.

My apartment lease is up in 2 weeks. I have enough money saved for travel. I want to go traveling for at least and maximum 4-5 months so that I don't break conditions of my green card. I know that GC holders are advised to keep a place of physical residence when they travel but I would like to get a new apartment after I get back from my travels. If I just put my car and things in a storage, will that pose any problem with immigration?

Are there any other precautions I need to take before packing up and leaving? Is my plan OK?

Much appreciated response cafeconleche!

So this trip is okay even though I don't have a job in USA? I actually got fired just two weeks ago.

Shouldn't be a problem for the US at all. The only issues that COULD arise are at foreign ports of entry. Saying you don't have a job might make them uneasy. So, you'd either have to lie, or have a good reason for why you'd go back to the US. Of course, they might not even ask you about your job, and you certainly wouldn't want to volunteer that information.