Travel Question (To Desh)

WouldBeCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Yup, I am still here :)

We are buying tickets to travel to desh in December. Planning on getting a 6 months visitor visa ($60 only) for us. Since there are three visas needed, we have to use the small amount than shelling a lot for 10 years visa. Do not plan to go many times anyway.

My question. Do we have to carry those cancelled Indian passports while traveling? How about any help regarding traveling with a 3 year old? She is all up to date with her immunizations and is getting an additional Hepatitis-A shot too. Any special things to take care of?

Please DO NOT POINT ME TO A WEB SITE. I am looking for a personal experience. I can use google and search the internet for various CDC and other such sites for generic help.

Thanks a lot in advance. Has my paranoia ended yet? :D :p :D

Dear Mr Citizen

no u dont have to take ur old passports with you. If u want u may.

and make sure u have enough diapers for 3 years old.
and also very important thing. have fun.

shaky said:
Dear Mr Citizen

no u dont have to take ur old passports with you. If u want u may.

and make sure u have enough diapers for 3 years old.
and also very important thing. have fun.

If you are taking deshi airline, make sure you carry a blanket and warm clothing. I think they have very limited (if any) pillows and blankies. I had travelled last year with my daughter and they stop in Paris for re-feuling and you are not allowed to de-plane. They open the door (for about an hour) to re-stock food and December is not the time to be sitting close tot the door.

Has my paranoia ended yet?
You tell me...

Shaky thanks. Yup going to try to have fun. Whirlwind trip to cover at least 4 cities and 20 relatives :) Only worried that kid may become sick. So far she did not. But once in desh, who knows what will happen...

Phillydude, thanks I am flying Lufthansa via Frankfurt. Would we need transit visa? I hope not! Never flown Air-India and never plan to :) Heard horror stories before and flew Lufthansa many times. Good experience so far with one time a free upgrade to business class because the seat was broken. How much I wish the seats are broken everytime I fly :) That free upgrade is more satisfying ;)

WouldBeCitizen said:
Shaky thanks. Yup going to try to have fun. Whirlwind trip to cover at least 4 cities and 20 relatives :) Only worried that kid may become sick. So far she did not. But once in desh, who knows what will happen...

Phillydude, thanks I am flying Lufthansa via Frankfurt. Would we need transit visa? I hope not! Never flown Air-India and never plan to :) Heard horror stories before and flew Lufthansa many times. Good experience so far with one time a free upgrade to business class because the seat was broken. How much I wish the seats are broken everytime I fly :) That free upgrade is more satisfying ;)

Transit visas are not required in any European country for US citizens and GC holders!! (But you might have a problem since you are still a 'Would be citizen' :D ). Some European countries (not all) don't need transit visa for work visa holder as long as a have a valid douments for their onward journey.

WouldBeCitizen said:
Yup, I am still here :)

We are buying tickets to travel to desh in December. Planning on getting a 6 months visitor visa ($60 only) for us. Since there are three visas needed, we have to use the small amount than shelling a lot for 10 years visa. Do not plan to go many times anyway.

My question. Do we have to carry those cancelled Indian passports while traveling? How about any help regarding traveling with a 3 year old? She is all up to date with her immunizations and is getting an additional Hepatitis-A shot too. Any special things to take care of?

Please DO NOT POINT ME TO A WEB SITE. I am looking for a personal experience. I can use google and search the internet for various CDC and other such sites for generic help.

Thanks a lot in advance. Has my paranoia ended yet? :D :p :D

WBC - U may want to consider getting a PIO card for your kid (if your kid plans to travel more than twice in the next 15 years), as it costs about 150 bucks.

WBC,

Your Indian passport is history (except to serve as proof to apply for PIO/OIC). And remember in case you have problems , your US local Consulate will be able to help you out.

Other than that go to Desh and enjoy.. I believe that as a foreigner you have a much larger cap on imports to India .

Your paranoia might never end... ;)

Rahul Kumar said:
WBC,

Your Indian passport is history (except to serve as proof to apply for PIO/OIC). And remember in case you have problems , your US local Consulate will be able to help you out.

Other than that go to Desh and enjoy.. I believe that as a foreigner you have a much larger cap on imports to India .

Your paranoia might never end... ;)

Rahul and WBC,
You can register with US embassy when in India (for emergency purposes)

https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/