Transit Visa At Paris Airport

GC-4-All said:
I have called the AIR INDIA office. They said that according to the new Rule, if we are traveling on AP, we do need a transit visa thru Frankfurt or Paris.

So, I have changed my travel plans. I'm flying NORTHWEST airlines via AMSTERDAM. Where transit visa is not required.

Hi, GC-4-All,
Did you call NorthWest airlines or Holland Cousulate to confirm, even my family is going via Amsterdam. Plesae let us know.

Thank you,
ca98

Here are the list countries need Trnasit Visa, if they are traveling through Netherland (Holland)..Amesterdam airport
-------------
Nationals of certain countries also require an airport transit visa to change aircraft at a Dutch airport, even though they do not actually enter Dutch territory.

Countries whose nationals need an airport transit visa

Afghanistan
Angola
Bangladesh
DR Congo
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Guinea
Iran
Iraq
Nigeria
Pakistan
Sierra Leone
Sudan
Somalia
Sri Lanka
Syria

See here http://www.holland.com/include/load...EM=12E5DC3F5E024ADFB2AA6B315606A627X2X31365X4

where can a person travel holding a Sierra Leone Passport

I have searched all over the inter-net for information about where a person holding a sierra leone passport can travel without needing a visa. Can anyone supply this information for me.

Need to go in person ?

Hi,

I am not sure if french consulate in Atlanta requires you to be in person there to get the transit visa. My wife travelled last year thru Paris to India and we have got the Transit visa from french consulate in Washington by Mail. Is it changed now ? they do not issue it by mail anymore?

We are flying again in Nov/dec. this year but we have moved to NC . Now going to Atlanta just for transit visa would be a big thing...! we stay here in raleigh/durham and it is almost 7 hrs drive and 2 days off from work...! I hope they still do it by mail...!

Note : No one asked my wife for visa when she changed flight at Paris last year. So much hassle for the visa they did not even bother to check ....!

Regards,

I traveled through CDG last two weekends and was just fine.

soham13 said:
Hi,

I am not sure if french consulate in Atlanta requires you to be in person there to get the transit visa. My wife travelled last year thru Paris to India and we have got the Transit visa from french consulate in Washington by Mail. Is it changed now ? they do not issue it by mail anymore?

We are flying again in Nov/dec. this year but we have moved to NC . Now going to Atlanta just for transit visa would be a big thing...! we stay here in raleigh/durham and it is almost 7 hrs drive and 2 days off from work...! I hope they still do it by mail...!

Note : No one asked my wife for visa when she changed flight at Paris last year. So much hassle for the visa they did not even bother to check ....!

Regards,

Yes, nobody cared to check my transit visa both ways! That is because I flew through Delta into CDG ( sucking Charles de Gaulle -- the worst airport that I would ever rate in my annals. So much am sick of it that I now am throwing out my December Delta ticket out and just purchased Lufthansa. I cannot take this CDG sick contraption of transiting with those dirty buses taking you through the airport just for a security check and ferrying back all the way to some damn flight parked in some no-man's land. I loved everything that was French until I landed in CDG. Now, I have nothing but the worst contempt possible for CDG and anything that is French. Bcoz everything is so convoluted. Lord have mercy!!! ) and out of CDG. If you arrive by Delta and leave by Delta at CDG, you are dealing with HALL E. For HALL E -to HALL E, there is no immigration involved. That is the reason nobody cared to check the transit visa for me or for similar cases. However, if you arrive by AIR FRANCE or AIR INDIA and leave by DELTA or any of those mediocre combinations, you will have to do immigration plus security check at transit. During this time, you absolutely need a transit visa.

I got my transit visa at Atlanta Consulate. If you go in person, you can get it the same day. If by mail, they ask that you allow 10 business days for processing. I am sure Atlanta Consulate does processing through mail. Call them.

Oh, BTW, on both ways of my journey through CDG, I could hear EVERY SINGLE person traveling with me comment like, "This kind of crap cannot be even found in a third-world country."

I hope Delta wakes-up and gets to use Frankfurt as its base instead of the convoluted CDG. Passengers -- especially if you are having lots of luggage and kids with strollers -- think twice before transiting via CDG. If you are a maverick and just want to try it out, you will remember this posting when you are in CDG cursing Delta, France, and CDG!!! Good luck.

Not many Alternatives...!

Hi poongunranar,

Thanks for the detailed info...! Now I get it, my famliy went by Delta last time and this time it would be Air France...!

In July ,while booking the tickets for the trip . I found there are very less options available to fly in Nov. and come back in Jan....! At least my travel agent did not give many other Air lines for those dates...! So I went ahead with Air France....! But had no idea it would work this way....!

Also, tried to call consulate in Atlanta earlier, and the message itself says that they do not answer visa Questions over the phone....! I think the Crapy stuff starts from Consulate itself....!

Regards,

soham13

soham13 said:
Hi poongunranar,

Thanks for the detailed info...! Now I get it, my famliy went by Delta last time and this time it would be Air France...!

In July ,while booking the tickets for the trip . I found there are very less options available to fly in Nov. and come back in Jan....! At least my travel agent did not give many other Air lines for those dates...! So I went ahead with Air France....! But had no idea it would work this way....!

Also, tried to call consulate in Atlanta earlier, and the message itself says that they do not answer visa Questions over the phone....! I think the Crapy stuff starts from Consulate itself....!

Regards,

Sohapadaathe Soham13 :) Dude, I just got over the phone with my travel agent. She promises superb fares for me of $1465 on Delta and she said that British Airways is about to get a sale fare over by tomorrow and those prices look great too. Pity me, I already did the booking on Lufthansa's site this morning after getting irritated with Delta for $1651. So, this is of no use. Anyway, the point is that there are other seats in other airlines.

Now, when I come to know that I had spent $186 more on Lufthansa, when I could have gotten a better deal on Delta, I still am feeling contented. If I would have gone through that sucking CDG yet another time, I would have felt only all the more CONTENDED...never contented. BTW,the ticket I already had for my December travel was Skymiles ticket. I am going to just pay $100 to get my miles redeemed. I am just irritated 100% with CDG -- not so with Delta, coz am Delta Gold Medallion :) I support Delta!!!