1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfer E2 visa to different employer????

Discussion in 'General E-1, E-2 and E-3 Visas and Related Issues' started by frankena, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. frankena

    frankena New Member

    As an expatriate I'm currently working in the usa on an E2 visa. However the company I am working for is starting to send the team I am workin in (including myself) back to the Netherlands. I would prefer to stay here so I am starting to look into the opportunity to leave my company to work for an american company (aerospace engineering).
    My question is: Is it possible to transfer my current E2 visa to another company??? Right now the E2 visa's annotation mentions it is valid for my current company, could I change this however???
    A similar question holds for my wife, she has the same E2 visa, only difference is that it is a spouse dependent one.

    Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!

  2. LennJS

    LennJS Registered Users (C)

    That's a tough one. It sounds like you are a manager/supervisor type E2 visa holder which would mean that the company you work for in the US would have to be at least 51% Dutch owned (assuming you're a Dutch citizen). Regardless, given the nature of E visas you are pretty much tied to your current company with your current visa. If you have a job offer from a different company in the US you might want to look into switching status to H1B. I don't think there many other options.

Share This Page