*** Transcript of hearing is NOW attached - 9-24th Hearing ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
BacklogBlues said:
1) Commonality of cases and was there a justifiable harm done- I am pretty sure this is a straight forward issue, there is a commonality, all the people that filed 485 have suffered immensly from delays.

I agree with BacklogBlues, that there might not be specific laws to prevent random processing by respective service centers. But it raises a very valid fundamental question, as to whether government can act in the lines of inequality or with prejudice, maybe not due to favoring an individual(s), but due to lack of discipined or uniform approach towards adjudicating the cases.

A possible relief may be that CIS will put all its resources to get the adjudicators to start some where than randomly picking up the cases.

njguy

that is a good idea, can someone draft a letter and then we can send it to ombudsman, senators and other officials highlighting the snail pace at VSC, NSC and TSC. When CSC can jump one year in one month, why cannt other three service centers?

njguy007 said:
Can we send email to Ombudsman /someother INS official to request CSC to share the load of the other 3 centers?

Maybe, this discrepency in speed is a USCIS ploy to break the "class" in the case against them ( a case of divide and conquer)

I letter to Ombudsman is a good idea. We need more attention to pressure on INS. We should get some media attention. In election time, this could mean a lot.

Sad

[RSK Wrote] Not one class member was at the hearing. Diappointing. But, I do my job as I see fit. That is all I can do.

I was truely saddened after seeing this. We see, so many, among us talking big, cursing USCIS, delays etc, yet no one is willing to take a day off to show solidarity with the one who is truly fighting to remedy the situation.

I agree. You brought up a good point. I too didn't attend. I repent now.
I just changed my job and have no vacation. After changing job I have taken advance leave of 12 working days. But again no reason is sufficient. I should have gone. Rajiv is fighting for us and I should have shown solidarity by being present during the hearing.

Rajiv mentioned in one of his previous postings, that there may not be a hearing and Judge may give his verdict... Any updates since then??

verdict after 2 weeks from 9/24

The Judge mentioned he would give the verdict on certification
two weeks after 09/24 (date of last hearing).

that means the verdict should be out by today or sometime in the next few days.

Hope for the best folks.

I believe the judge gave both parties 2 weeks from 9/24 to submit further documentation, if required. That gives either party until the end of business today. I don't think we can expect a ruling today at least.

This is what i understand from the court transcripts.
Today is the last day for submission of final motion for class action certification by both parties. From Monday onwards, the judge will review both the submissions and once he reviews both the motions, he will make a decision on class action. So we might see the decision on class action, some time in the next week.

Here is my draft to Ombudsman

This is what I am planning to send to my senator and Ombudsman. Please review, give feedback and make changes if needed. Also, If there is a way to make this petition a web based, it will be great so we can get more people to sign it online.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.