• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Call again. Tell them you have had no luck. If you continue to get ignored, contact your congressperson's office and get the immigration liaison officer there to follow up for you.

It's been a while since I've posted here! Life's been crazy since arriving.

We arrived on May 10th 2015, I received my green card around July time but had problems with getting an SSN. It was the reverse for my wife. She got her SSN within 3 weeks without us having to do anything but her GC is yet to arrive today.

We checked USCIS a few times - always stuck on "in process", called a few times and eventually got told it was "stuck in Texas". Called again a month later and they told us they would start the process again. Finally today (a month since that last call) we checked USCIS and the status changed to "card produced". Fingers crossed we should receive it in the next couple of weeks.

Moral of the story, just keep chasing. To be honest, in comparison with the UK, these nuances have been dealt with much more efficiently here.

I have been in the US from 1 month, today I checked The Green Card status and the case is closed for me and my my wife, it said card produced and my daughter is still case optimized and card in process when I can expect to receive the cards?

Hi,

Me and my parents entered U.S.A on 9th November. We paid our GC fees on 6th Nov. I had couple of questions:

1) On paying $165 for GC, we got pay.gov and agency tracking ID but we haven't got the receipt number. How long does it take to get receipt number which is used to track GC status.
2) My parents need to go back to India in couple of weeks for some work. Can they come back here without the GC in about 6 months time from now? Immigration officer had told us that VISA is our green card for one year.

HI guys, still waiting on my gc ....I finally got transfered to L2 rep, you personally email Texas asking about the status of our gc...we have been waiting since beggining of September, I dont get why it takes some people 30 days to receive there card and some still waiting for over 60, 90 days.....well the rep didnt provide me with a IOE number not sure why...whatever I am so tired of this BS

Hi,

Me and my parents entered U.S.A on 9th November. We paid our GC fees on 6th Nov. I had couple of questions:

1) On paying $165 for GC, we got pay.gov and agency tracking ID but we haven't got the receipt number. How long does it take to get receipt number which is used to track GC status.
2) My parents need to go back to India in couple of weeks for some work. Can they come back here without the GC in about 6 months time from now? Immigration officer had told us that VISA is our green card for one year.
The receipt number is not provided until the 60 day period has passed (60 days from the payment date). Either you'll get a mail with the receipt number or you can get it from USCIS by calling them (again after 60 days from the payment date). If you call before the 60 day period has passed, they won't give you a receipt number.

The receipt number is not provided until the 60 day period has passed (60 days from the payment date). Either you'll get a mail with the receipt number or you can get it from USCIS by calling them (again after 60 days from the payment date). If you call before the 60 day period has passed, they won't give you a receipt number.
I called after 60 days and they still didnt provide me with a receipt number, I dont know what to do anymore...I guess just wait...Dec 2nd will be 90 days

I called after 60 days and they still didnt provide me with a receipt number, I dont know what to do anymore...I guess just wait...Dec 2nd will be 90 days

I got my receipt number from calling them. 60 days later, i still haven't received any thing yet. So i went to the local immigration office today and they confirmed that receipt number and asked me to call that number again to talk with an Elis officer for more info. So I called and was told that they need more time to produce the card and I should have it by the second week of Dec.

I got my receipt number from calling them. 60 days later, i still haven't received any thing yet. So i went to the local immigration office today and they confirmed that receipt number and asked me to call that number again to talk with an Elis officer for more info. So I called and was told that they need more time to produce the card and I should have it by the second week of Dec.
I called them and I did received the receipt number but the "check my case" does recognize the number....Dec 2nd will be 90 days for me

I called them and I did received the receipt number but the "check my case" does recognize the number....Dec 2nd will be 90 days for me

it dosent recognize mine either for 60 days. where is your port of entry if you dont mind me asking. mine is chicago

my is Chicago alo....suprise suprise....:) I think its their fault

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's because of Chicago airport. I entered through Chicago many times and they don't have a good work attitude with low efficiency. my friends who entered in US about the same time through San Francisco already received their cards. our paperworks are probably still stuck at their office. I'm gonna call them tmr

I was told they started processing my card Nov 17th, whatever that means.....I already involved Senator Kirk :)))

I was told they started processing my card Nov 17th, whatever that means.....I already involved Senator Kirk :)))

A little share...
I paid the fee at September 25 and entered via the POE in Seattle on Oct. 5 and have not got anything yet. I called the USCIS on Nov. 13 and they told me that I need to wait 60 days from the payment day, which means I need to wait unitl Nov. 25. If I still dont hear anything update yet by then, I will call them again.
Like may posts had already pointed out, I did not have IOE or sign up an account for the immigrant fee payment; the USCIS just changed the system and thus I did not find any place for the account creation.
I even checked the "check my status", and all I saw there is my I-140 which did not show any update; the history only showed that the application was sent to NVC...
Actually I have long got my immigrant visa and had already entered US, and now back to my home country waiting for the GC. Many to be updated in the case history.

Now I am crossing my fingers and hope the best...

We(4) entered through LAX on Oct 25. At the SSN office told me that my wife's name was messed up so we signed for an infopass on the Nov 19. The officer checked the names and gave us the IOEs. I got my GC on the 21st but still can register the other 3 IOEs at ELIS. Though the officer said they are under processing.

Hello,
I still can't register to pay my immigration fees. It says: ''We could not find the A-Number and/or DOS Case ID you entered. If your immigrant visa was approved recently, please wait five days before attempting to pay.' It's been at least 5 days now. I contacted them. Has anyone else had the same problem? Is it because it's Thanksgiving that it's not working??
I am freaking out!!
Thank you!

Hello,
I still can't register to pay my immigration fees. It says: ''We could not find the A-Number and/or DOS Case ID you entered. If your immigrant visa was approved recently, please wait five days before attempting to pay.' It's been at least 5 days now. I contacted them. Has anyone else had the same problem? Is it because it's Thanksgiving that it's not working??
I am freaking out!!
Thank you!

How frustrating! But I don't think it's because of Thanksgiving - I paid mine earlier today with no issues. You're using the alien number and case ID on the front of the package you got from the consulate right?

How frustrating! But I don't think it's because of Thanksgiving - I paid mine earlier today with no issues. You're using the alien number and case ID on the front of the package you got from the consulate right?
Thanks:) I naively assumed that maybe the fact that it's probably closed today and tomorrow might have had an impact but apparently not. Yes, the numbers on the top right of the visa. (they didn't even bother writing it on the front package). I guess I'll have to wait for them to reply. Ugh! Maybe it's still to early even though they say 5 days idk.

Thanks:) I naively assumed that maybe the fact that it's probably closed today and tomorrow might have had an impact but apparently not. Yes, the numbers on the top right of the visa. (they didn't even bother writing it on the front package). I guess I'll have to wait for them to reply. Ugh! Maybe it's still to early even though they say 5 days idk.

For the case ID number, on my visa it's written as 2016OC3xx01. But on the front of the package it's 2016OC3xx. If you're possibly typing your case ID with an extra 01 or whatever at the end that could be why it's not working?