• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Just a question,
I arrived at the POE in JFK to trigger my green card (I'm in the DV category)

Payed ELIS Fee: 1st May

Arrived at POE: June 27th

Received SSN: 6th July

and then on the 21st July on the USCIS tracker my card has gone into production and it has not moved since. I'm a bit concerned since others in this thread had their GC mailed after a few days in production.

Any advice?

It was about six weeks between POE and actual receipt of the GC for us. Arrived on 6 June 2015. GCs arrived on 11 July 2015. Maybe leave it for another week or so?

Hi,
Need advice.
I arrived at POE in SFO on May 2014, I have not received my physical green card yet. I have payed the Immigrant visa fee($165) on April 2014. I have been calling USCIS (Texas service center) every month till date. Its been more than a year since my arrival and I am really worried now. I also took infopass appointment(Thrice) and they have been giving visa extension for 3 months. I have made service request couple of times now and have not got any response for the same. I also mailed Texas service center about my case and have not received any response. I don't know whom else to contact. Neither Infopass field officer nor USCIS call representative know why its taking so long for the Texas service center to produce and mail my physical green card. I'm a bit concerned and need advice about how to proceed with this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi,
Need advice.
I arrived at POE in SFO on May 2014, I have not received my physical green card yet. I have payed the Immigrant visa fee($165) on April 2014. I have been calling USCIS (Texas service center) every month till date. Its been more than a year since my arrival and I am really worried now. I also took infopass appointment(Thrice) and they have been giving visa extension for 3 months. I have made service request couple of times now and have not got any response for the same. I also mailed Texas service center about my case and have not received any response. I don't know whom else to contact. Neither Infopass field officer nor USCIS call representative know why its taking so long for the Texas service center to produce and mail my physical green card. I'm a bit concerned and need advice about how to proceed with this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Contact your congressperson immediately and get them on the case. You don't have any current eligible proof of status if it's been over a year since entry, you need to get this sorted out ASAP.

Thanks for the quick response. The immigration officer at USCIS field office has extended my Immigrant visa stamp on passport, wouldn't that be considered as a proof of status?. I had reached out to congresswomen, after their enquiry they informed me that the USCIS would send biometric appointment soon. But its been 4 months and I haven't heard back from USCIS. Thanks for your advice in this regard.

Thanks for the quick response. The immigration officer at USCIS field office has extended my Immigrant visa stamp on passport, wouldn't that be considered as a proof of status?. I had reached out to congresswomen, after their enquiry they informed me that the USCIS would send biometric appointment soon. But its been 4 months and I haven't heard back from USCIS. Thanks for your advice in this regard.

But you don't need a biometric appointment... Lines have got twisted somewhere. Have you explained all the details to the congressional representative? Have you asked them to follow up seeing as nothing has happened for 4 months?

The web page is down right now. Been trying to get in for 2 days but nothing. Hope the fix it soon.

I have already activated and handed my yellow envelope to the officer at Poe. I am trying to log in to the payment website to pay for the actual card to be made and sent. However, the "a" number that was on the front of my yellow packet was not given back to me and I have forgotten where I wrote it down. Does anyone know where I get the A number from? Thank you

I have already activated and handed my yellow envelope to the officer at Poe. I am trying to log in to the payment website to pay for the actual card to be made and sent. However, the "a" number that was on the front of my yellow packet was not given back to me and I have forgotten where I wrote it down. Does anyone know where I get the A number from? Thank you

It's on your visa too. ( I think it's called a registration number on there, and I seem to recall doesn't have the A in front of it... Can't remember exactly and don't have my passport with me right now !) If you're a digit short add a 0 in front of the number.

Just a question,
I arrived at the POE in JFK to trigger my green card (I'm in the DV category)

Payed ELIS Fee: 1st May

Arrived at POE: June 27th

Received SSN: 6th July

and then on the 21st July on the USCIS tracker my card has gone into production and it has not moved since. I'm a bit concerned since others in this thread had their GC mailed after a few days in production.

Any advice?

If you track your case and your status show "case closed card produced" means your card have been sent to you. It's will take 2 working days to get to you. You can track with your ID, starting with 3 letters.

Hi, I have similar situation as shabynn (#214) and need advises.

My nephew won the 2015 immigration lottery and he entered United States on January 22th, 2015 and he paid the fee back to Oct, 2014. However we still haven't received his permanent resident card. Elis update to Optimized on Feburary 26 with a notice that case is in Lockbox. During this time, we called USCIS numerous time and couldn't get an answer. Finally we submitted a case inquiry and the response was:

"A search of USCIS records indicates your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center. Please allow 90 days for the delivery of your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within the time frame indicated, please contact customer service. "

Last Friday was 90th days and nothing changed when we checked the website. We are going to request infoPass. Should we hire an attorney to go with him? My sister (my nephew's mother) calls me every weekend and I don't know how to answer her... Anyone had similar situations, please share your experiences. Thank you! (SusieQQQ, we need you!)

My nephew won the 2015 immigration lottery and he entered United States on January 22th, 2015 and he paid the fee back to Oct, 2014. However we still haven't received his permanent resident card. Elis update to Optimized on Feburary 26 with a notice that case is in Lockbox. During this time, we called USCIS numerous time and couldn't get an answer. Finally we submitted a case inquiry and the response was:

"A search of USCIS records indicates your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center. Please allow 90 days for the delivery of your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within the time frame indicated, please contact customer service. "

Last Friday was 90th days and nothing changed when we checked the website. We are going to request infoPass. Should we hire an attorney to go with him? My sister (my nephew's mother) calls me every weekend and I don't know how to answer her... Anyone had similar situations, please share your experiences. Thank you! (SusieQQQ, we need you!)

All an attorney will do at this stage is cost you money. By all means request an infopass but at the same time I'd start contacting your congressperson. They all seem to have immigration liaison officers. That was what finally worked for me (with no cost).

What's your status on Elis site?

All an attorney will do at this stage is cost you money. By all means request an infopass but at the same time I'd start contacting your congressperson. They all seem to have immigration liaison officers. That was what finally worked for me (with no cost).
I went to my district congressman office today and they will help me to check the status. Thank you for your advice and I will keep posting when there is an update.

What's your status on Elis site?
Elis update to Optimized on February 26 with a notice that case is in Lockbox. Every time we called, USCIS said it is in process and we need to wait another 30 days. But so many 30 days passed by, we are still waiting...

Elis update to Optimized on February 26 with a notice that case is in Lockbox. Every time we called, USCIS said it is in process and we need to wait another 30 days. But so many 30 days passed by, we are still waiting...

Before you think of infopass, try call uscis again and make sure you speak with an agent. Speaking with an agent speed up your case processing. According to what you wrote here, shows that you haven't even talk to any uscis agent. Lawyer is out of the case, instead of thinking of talking to a lawyer try use congressman. Though I have a similar case like yours, which i have to contacted a congressman but I tell you, I'm always ahead of him, why? Because I don't just leave everything to the congressman to handle, I also call or email too. I tell you, the congressman always behind me.

NB: Mistake people usually make, when they call uscis and speak with an agent, and the agent gave them specific date, for example" 90 days". You don't have to wait till 90 days before you contacted them again, atleast during the 90 days, you should have try and contacted them atleast twice before the giving date. "IT'S SPEED UP YOUR CASE". Calling them back, you will surely hear a different story because you speak with different agent each and everytime you called. There are good hardworking agent that's ready to work with you and make sure everything is sorted out...

Before you think of infopass, try call uscis again and make sure you speak with an agent. Speaking with an agent speed up your case processing. According to what you wrote here, shows that you haven't even talk to any uscis agent. Lawyer is out of the case, instead of thinking of talking to a lawyer try use congressman. Though I have a similar case like yours, which i have to contacted a congressman but I tell you, I'm always ahead of him, why? Because I don't just leave everything to the congressman to handle, I also call or email too. I tell you, the congressman always behind me.

NB: Mistake people usually make, when they call uscis and speak with an agent, and the agent gave them specific date, for example" 90 days". You don't have to wait till 90 days before you contacted them again, atleast during the 90 days, you should have try and contacted them atleast twice before the giving date. "IT'S SPEED UP YOUR CASE". Calling them back, you will surely hear a different story because you speak with different agent each and everytime you called. There are good hardworking agent that's ready to work with you and make sure everything is sorted out...
Thank you so much for your advice. We did talk to higher level agents because every single time first USCIS customer service person who answered the phone couldn't figure out why, so they transferred us, then we left our phone number for higher level agents to call back. When they called back, they told us it's in process and please wait for 30 days!!! This is so frustrated. You are totally right--we should contact them at least twice before the time frame. We will call again tomorrow and not just sit there to count the days. Thank you again. We appreciate your help!

Thank you so much for your advice. We did talk to higher level agents because every single time first USCIS customer service person who answered the phone couldn't figure out why, so they transferred us, then we left our phone number for higher level agents to call back. When they called back, they told us it's in process and please wait for 30 days!!! This is so frustrated. You are totally right--we should contact them at least twice before the time frame. We will call again tomorrow and not just sit there to count the days. Thank you again. We appreciate your help!

You're highly welcome. Update me, if there's any new development. I mean the outcome of your phone call... Thanks..