• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Here's a summary of my case.

When I tried to check my case status using ".../casestatus/landing.do"; but website says, "My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered.."

Could someone please tell me what's going on?

Yes, if you read the posts that came before yours you will see it is mentioned many times that until the green card goes into production the case status tracker does not recognise the receipt number...

hope this good sign for my case, after long time status only optimized, now, lifecycle icon changed to reopened, :).
anyone ....?

Last edited:
HI, I have question about POE, is it OK if I'll land at first in NY and write GC/SSN delivery address of other state (CA)? Is there any restrictions or possible issues?
I'm planning to do so for cheap flight and some other reasons, and after a little time I'll go in CA. Will be there any problems or some time delay? Thanks

HI, I have question about POE, is it OK if I'll land at first in NY and write GC/SSN delivery address of other state (CA)? Is there any restrictions or possible issues?
I'm planning to do so for cheap flight and some other reasons, and after a little time I'll go in CA. Will be there any problems or some time delay? Thanks

First part, no problem.

I'm not clear what you are asking in the second part. Are you transiting New York or planning to actually stay in the city a while? Not sure what "time delay" you may be concerned about.

First part, no problem.

I'm not clear what you are asking in the second part. Are you transiting New York or planning to actually stay in the city a while? Not sure what "time delay" you may be concerned about.
I'm staying in NY for a while. In "time delay" I mean time to inform (to transfer) information from NY to CA office to print cards, or to send already printed cards from NY to CA. How this process will be going? I don't want to get cards lately for the reason that I'll get cards in other state than POE. Thanks

Ok, good. So when it goes to the magic OPTIMIZED then your GC will be in production, and from that stage you can check the USCIS case status tracker using your IOE receipt number for more precise updates.
Hey SuzieQQQ, I mentioned sometime ago that when I paid the fee for my wife, the status did not pass through accepted but just flew right away to Optimized. The tracker does not yet recognize the receipt number and it is almost a week. Just trying to be sure there's nothing abnormal.

I'm staying in NY for a while. In "time delay" I mean time to inform (to transfer) information from NY to CA office to print cards, or to send already printed cards from NY to CA. How this process will be going? I don't want to get cards lately for the reason that I'll get cards in other state than POE. Thanks

OK, that's not how it works. All the green cards are printed at the Texas Service Center and mailed to the address you gave them. Those usually arrive around 1-2 months after entry.
I'm not sure if the SSN cards are printed centrally but again, they are just mailed to the address you gave them. Those usually arrive around 2 weeks after entry, though some people don't get them and need to go apply at a SSA office. (We entered in CA and the SS cards arrived at the NY address we had provided 9 or 10 days after we entered.)

Nothing gets printed before you enter - it is entry that "triggers" production.
You have paid your $165 immigrant fee I presume?

Last edited:
Hey SuzieQQQ, I mentioned sometime ago that when I paid the fee for my wife, the status did not pass through accepted but just flew right away to Optimized. The tracker does not yet recognize the receipt number and it is almost a week. Just trying to be sure there's nothing abnormal.

Yeah they seem to have changed the system as to when it shows 'accepted' vs 'optimized'.
The tracker won't recognise the receipt number till actual production starts. That's probably more likely to be around a month after entry.
It used to only go to optimized when production began but now they changed it...

OK, that's not how it works. All the green cards are printed at the Texas Service Center and mailed to the address you gave them. Those usually arrive around 1-2 months after entry.
I'm not sure if the SSN cards are printed centrally but again, they are just mailed to the address you gave them. Those usually arrive around 2 weeks after entry, though some people don't get them and need to go apply at a SSA office. (We entered in CA and the SS cards arrived at the NY address we had provided 9 or 10 days after we entered.)

Nothing gets printed before you enter - it is entry that "triggers" production.
You have paid your $165 immigrant fee I presume?
Thanks for explanation. No, I'm not in US yet

Hi guys,

I have the same issue but mine seems to be almost more horrible.

Case Received Date: December 28, 2014
Received as: E-file
Status Date: February 4, 2015
Payment: Submitted

The bubble circled optimized.

I called them many times already, the last answer I got in May was that they said that they had a production issue and that my GC was in this batch so they have to reproduce all of those green cards....

Well we are in July now and still have not received anything. I had to go back to Canada to organize my moving so I cannot go in their office to have more answers...
I will be there in August tho but.... it is a bit depressing... I mignt not be able to open a bank account or do my driver licence or anything... how unfortunate is that....
what are my options?
Are they anybody else encountering those issues as well?

OH... And I even went on the website and entered my receipt number, they are tellling me that my card is being produced since January 30, 2015 -__-'

hi guys wish you could help me out, ive entered the port of entry for 6 months now but I still havent recieved my green card and when i call, theyre saying that when my card was being produced, the machine had an error and so my batch of production were not produced and theyre saying that i wont be able to receive it until they dont reproduce it again. im calling every month and they always say that i should call after another month. is there anything else i can do?

hi guys wish you could help me out, ive entered the port of entry for 6 months now but I still havent recieved my green card and when i call, theyre saying that when my card was being produced, the machine had an error and so my batch of production were not produced and theyre saying that i wont be able to receive it until they dont reproduce it again. im calling every month and they always say that i should call after another month. is there anything else i can do?

Yes, call your local congressperson's office. They will have someone who liaises with uscis. Get them to chase up. This is what worked for me.

Guys am 1 week old in the US and still haven't paid the greens card fee...will that be a problem

When do you plan to pay? They won't send you the card without the fee being paid.
So that mean they will process it but I will have to pay before they will hive it to me right...can pay it any moment from now but not sure of when exactly