• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Too late, do you think?

BobbyW

I am a winner of the DV-2007. I had completed the KCC forms and received a letter confirming my "intent to file". However, my job situation then changed and I no longer needed a green card. HOWEVER, my job situation has now changed again so that I now need it, and I asked USCIS whether its too late to continue processing my application. They were not very helpful.
What is the opinion of this Forum on whether its too late now to mail off my $375 to PO box 371989 in Pittsburgh. My case No. is 516, and they are already calling for 1100, I think.
Thanks in advance.

Would you do CP or AOS? I did AOS and found that my immigration lawyer was able to help expedite my interview schedule (he basically kept writing letters until I was scheduled for an interview). Anyway, if you do AOS, you should consult the best immigration lawyer you can find and see what he/she thinks. I think you can still make it, but it will take some luck and a persistent, competent lawyer. I have no experience with CP, so I can't comment on that. Good luck.

Sorry, I should have added that I would be using AOS, as I am legally present in the US.
Do I really need a lawyer?
My understanding is that once I get the receipt for the $375 and get an interview scheduled, I immediately file the I-485, or do I wait until after the interview?

Woops! I read now that KCC only schedules interviews if your not in the US.
I also know now that the $375 receipt will take two weeks to get to me. I probably can get an I-485 together in that time (medical exam dependent).
So do people think I can still make it if I submit the I-485 in mid May?

Woops! I read now that KCC only schedules interviews if your not in the US.
I also know now that the $375 receipt will take two weeks to get to me. I probably can get an I-485 together in that time (medical exam dependent).
So do people think I can still make it if I submit the I-485 in mid May?

You should file the I-485 right away after you get your medical exams. Some people also didn't send the $375 receipt with their I-485 package, they took it to their interview. You are kind of short on time, but I'm sure I remember that some people made it when they filed AOS in April. The two things that take the most time are the name check process and waiting for your interview.

Do you suggest filing the I-485 without the $375 receipt if I can get the medical exam papers before receiving the receipt?

LucyMO,
This VERY useful information for me too. Are you SURE!?!
Sorry to be untrusting, but you know about the pedantic nature of bureaucracy.

LucyMO,
This VERY useful information for me too. Are you SURE!?!
Sorry to be untrusting, but you know about the pedantic nature of bureaucracy.

yes, u can send ur I-485 without the DV fee receipt but u need to have it by your interview. Hurry up buddy. I believe u still have enough time to do AOS

I filed mine in June (high number) and did not include DV fee receipt.

I took it to the interview.

Good Luck and Hurry up! There are a lot of places to do the medical so call all of them and see which one is the fastest. They usually all charge the same.

You don't need a lawyer unless you encounter some bad luck. I filed the AOS package myself and only hired a lawyer after 3 months of silence from USCIS (no problems with my forms but case was ignored for several months). You don't need a lawyer but a competent lawyer may help expedite your interview or at least prod the sytem for you, if things get held up. My lawyer claims that I didn't need to hire him, but I doubt it's a coincidence that I was interviewed within a few weeks of hiring him. If you read this forum carefully, you can file your own forms. However, make sure you check everything with excessive levels of care and redundancy, since you don't have much time to resolve errors in the filing. Good luck.

I filed mine in June (high number) and did not include DV fee receipt.

I took it to the interview.

Good Luck and Hurry up! There are a lot of places to do the medical so call all of them and see which one is the fastest. They usually all charge the same.

Your case gives me hope. I'm on to it now. However, I'm a little confused with your Aug 21 step "USCIS requested & KCC mailed package". This won't happen for me for a while, but what is this procedure?

Your case gives me hope. I'm on to it now. However, I'm a little confused with your Aug 21 step "USCIS requested & KCC mailed package". This won't happen for me for a while, but what is this procedure?

When you send your file to Chicago, it will go through several offices until it reaches your local office and gets an officer assigned. The first thing the officer has to do when he/she starts working on your case is request your file from KCC. If you call KCC they will tell you when your file was requested.

There have been a few cases where people were interviewed before the file was requested but those cases were not approved until the file was later requested.