To miami2002

wirelesssprint

Registered Users (C)
I would like to ask you about your friend who was contacted by the INS and was told that they will rescind his green card due to his return home. Please update us about his situation. Since you wrote your post warning about going back home, I have been extremely depressed since i decided not to go for fear of having to go through the same thing. Also, if anyone knows about such troubles, please let us know what happened to the person. thanks and God bless

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I was on vacation, in Western Europe.

I had a copy of the BCIS notice to him, since I helped him translate it. His English was not that good.

Dear M*********

Your status was adjusted that that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence under section 209 (b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act on ******. It has recently come to our attention, however, that subsequent to your adjustment, you visisted ********, the country from which claimed a fear of persecution on your Request for Asylum in the United States, Form I-589. In cooperation with the US Embassy in ******, the Immigration and Naturalization Service completed an investigation into your identity and background. It appears that you were not eligible for asylum or adjustment of status at the time you received either status.

As a result, the INS is reconsidering your case and intends to rescind your adjustment pursuant to 8 CFR 246, and the adjustment of your dependents who derived their status by virtue of their relationship to you.

You have 30 days from the date of this notice to provide in writing any rebutal argument or information in response to intended decision of the INS to resicnd your adjustment of status as an asylee. You may also request a hearing before an immigration judge. If you fail to respond by the deadline, your status will be rescinded and you are required to depart the United States at your own expense immediately. You may waiver the 30-day period by submitting a notice that you do not wish to submit a response, if you do not wish to contest this matter. In that case, you must also depart the United States without delay.

Please include a copy of this notice in your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by miami2002
Sorry for the long delay in replying. I was on vacation, in Western Europe.

I had a copy of the BCIS notice to him, since I helped him translate it. His English was not that good.

Dear M*********

Your status was adjusted that that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence under section 209 (b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act on ******. It has recently come to our attention, however, that subsequent to your adjustment, you visisted ********, the country from which claimed a fear of persecution on your Request for Asylum in the United States, Form I-589. In cooperation with the US Embassy in ******, the Immigration and Naturalization Service completed an investigation into your identity and background. It appears that you were not eligible for asylum or adjustment of status at the time you received either status.

As a result, the INS is reconsidering your case and intends to rescind your adjustment pursuant to 8 CFR 246, and the adjustment of your dependents who derived their status by virtue of their relationship to you.

You have 30 days from the date of this notice to provide in writing any rebutal argument or information in response to intended decision of the INS to resicnd your adjustment of status as an asylee. You may also request a hearing before an immigration judge. If you fail to respond by the deadline, your status will be rescinded and you are required to depart the United States at your own expense immediately. You may waiver the 30-day period by submitting a notice that you do not wish to submit a response, if you do not wish to contest this matter. In that case, you must also depart the United States without delay.

Please include a copy of this notice in your response.

But you talked about him more than 4 months ago. Can you update us on what happened to him. Thanks

IO

Did the IO at the entry port noticed that he travelled to his home country? And then they sent the letter? Does they check if things have changed in the country, or you have to prove it to the IJ.

Miami give us more info. If you don't mind tell us what country are we talking about.

In the case of wireless things can be different. But definatelly things are getting tougher with BCIS, is a big risk to go back home with GC.
Wireless it looks that we have to wait until we're US citizens. 4 more years.

That might be the case, I guess. On the GC there is A06 code for asylees and if the IO checks your ticket, see your category and country of origin, it's not a rocket science to figure it out.

Yes, if you can share some non-personal details that will be great.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rik-tik-tak
That might be the case, I guess. On the GC there is A06 code for asylees and if the IO checks your ticket, see your category and country of origin, it's not a rocket science to figure it out.

Yes, if you can share some non-personal details that will be great.

Thanks.
if you read the letter posted by miami 2002 carefully, they told him that our embassy in his country investigated him... does this mean they will check after everyone? How about going to Canada and from canada to your home thru ur home passport. i am so scared now

Originally posted by wirelesssprint
if you read the letter posted by miami 2002 carefully, they told him that our embassy in his country investigated him... does this mean they will check after everyone? How about going to Canada and from canada to your home thru ur home passport. i am so scared now

Please, quite thinking going home for the time being. We are in a very bad political climate. I do not want things happen to you.

What you are suggesting is fraud.