To marry in India or not?

orl

Registered Users (C)
All,

My sister (Indian national and currently in India) is currently engaged to a US citizen. Should she formally (in documents) get married in India and then come to US as a married wife or she should come to US as a fiancee and then get married in US and then get her green card in US?

What is best and quick path for her entry to US?

Thanks in advance.

The K1 fiance visa is typically the quickest route as this takes round about 8-10 months to obtain.
The spousal visa takes around 10-12 months, though this can only be applied for once the marriage has taken place.
If the US citizen is living in India though, there is the possibility for DCF if they are married which takes around 6 months.

Is it safe to enter US on visitor visa and then marry the US Citizen in USA. This way my cousin doesn't have to wait for 6-18 months to come on fiancee and spouse visa. Any comments.

Is it safe to enter US on visitor visa and then marry the US Citizen in USA. This way my cousin doesn't have to wait for 6-18 months to come on fiancee and spouse visa. Any comments.

It is perfectly safe to marry on a visitors visa.....however, to attempt to stay and AOS after the marriage is illegal and classed as visa fraud if there was intent prior to US entry. As youre mentioning the spouse/fiance visa, then it is clear that your cousin would intend to AOS after marriage, so I would STRONGLY advise not to go that route. I didnt want to wait 12 months for a fiance visa either, but thats just what it takes.

elcupacabras et al,

Thanks for your replies.

Do you have any comments to arrive on "spouse visa" vs "fiancee visa"?

Thanks in advance.

US Citizen waiting for NBC reply

Need your advise about NBC Process timing_

I 130 Notice date APril 10th
I 130 transfer to NBC on April 22

Does anyone know why I 130 Case would get transfer from CSC to NBC? Since, NBC works on other category like I-102,131,539,765,817&824. I don't see any documents what so ever on websites regarding NBC working on I-130 too.

So, kind confused why would I 130 end up in NBC. Don't know how long it will take now....

Anyone in this Boat? Any advise who been thru this process_

Yes!! I'm trying to understand the basic difference between the two and also which could be the better/best approach for my cousin.

I know spouse visa will confirm a green card when she enters US and fiancee visa will only get her entry to US. Any other advantage/point to choose one over the other?

Thanks in advance.

Are you inquiring about how the entry procedures differ between the 2 visas?