1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

To apply PAN card during a trip to india.

Discussion in 'Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Issues' started by newport60, Apr 24, 2010.

  1. newport60

    newport60 Registered Users (C)

    If this had been answered elesewhere pl. excuse.
    We have a forthcoming trip to Inida and we wish to apply PAN cards while we are there and we can give a C/O relative address to receive the card even after we depart there.
    On my search I came across the link:
    In adition who had this experience may please post how to apply and what other documents required?
    I have an NRE account with communication address as local india.Will this also help?
    Also it states that address proof as passport copy or Bank statement in India?means..?
    (I was asking so called NRI service guys but no one is properly replying).
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
  2. ginnu

    ginnu Registered Users (C)

    When you are in India you CAN apply PAN Card. If you provide India address then fess Rupees 94 and if Provide US address then Rupees 744. you will need small size Photograph. If you want Card on India address then You should have Proof of India address like Bank passbook, Voter ID card with address, Ration card with your name, Driving license and they will mail to India address. If you want to be sent to US address then provide copy of your US Passport and Copy of US DL or any Utility bill that has your US address. FYI you can also apply PAN through your CA in India and they will send the card to CA in India.
    You can check the address of your City where they have branch to collect the form.


    UTITSL and NSDL both give PAN Card. UTISL has better and fast srevice.

Share This Page