TN visa

kbhalla29

I am Canadian citizen but got my Bechelors in Computer Science from India. I got it evaluated from WES (World Education Services, USA) which has issued certificate to declare it equivalent to US 4 year graduate computer science degree. I got an offer for job in software development in US 2 days ago. My question is whether the offered job has to be designated as Computer System Analyst or it could be a Software Developer also for getting TN visa ? Second question is whether evaluation from WES (USA) is sufficient for getting TN visa ?
Regards
Krishan

It had better be for CSA, since software developer is NOT a TN category.
Your evaluated degree is perfectly fine.

Thanks very much, Nelsona. Does the immigration officer see resume also at the time of issuing TN visa ? that also means resume should be aligned with the job profile required for Computer System Analyst ?

They might but usually don't... A well prepared TN package with the necessary educational evals (as needed) should do the trick.

Good luck

Is there any professional who can help me on preparing the package for TN visa and what kind of fee I will have to pay ?

While a lawyer is definitely not required, some firms would have their law firm prepare the TN pkg (happened in my case but just because they wanted to do like that...again not mandatory). Another friend of mine joined a startup that did not have a law firm so he sent them a sample TN letter that their HR dept signed and sent back. Is the firm that you are joining big? have they asked you to prep the letter and send to them OR you are just being pro-activate and preparing it for them?

one site ppl sometimes go to is http://www.tnvisaexpert.com/ and purchase their kits. There are sample TN letters available on the web for free also.

A good CSA would know how to add messages to his existing thread rather than submitting multiple new posts, no?

A resume is NOT a TN approved document.

@kbhalla29,

Please stop creating new Threads for the purpose of asking follow-up questions. Kindly use your existing Thread to ask follow up questions to your original one.