TN Visa Processing time via a law firm

Dhagax

Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and i got an offer from a company in the states.After i accepted the offer, they asked me to submit my documents to a law firm that was applying for TN visa on my behalf.

It has been almost 4weeks and i didn't hear back from the law firm or the company.How long does it take for a law firm to get a pre-approval TN document?

Thanks
Dhagah

my TN was also done by a law firm. They took 2-3 ish weeks to generate the documents. The only thing that took them some time was the education documents evaluation. 4-weeks seems long...you should ping them and ask whats taking them so long

Thanks "Hello Mister" ... yeah, they did reply with just TN support letter from the company and a copy of the documents i have submitted to them .....but i will have to go to the point of entry with original documents and see how it turns out.

Did the law firm file the TN for you and send you a pre-approved document or just they did the evaluation?

My law firm sent me the TN letter and equivalency of the docs. I took that to the border with degree and voila...

Awesome!Hopefully, i will have smooth process @Point of Entry.

By the way, is it ok to go to the Point of entry(by land), get the TN visa and then comeback or its better to buy a ticket and go to the airport?I wanted to go and get the visa then start planning my final departure.

makes sense. I did the same i.e. got my TN at a land POE and then traveled to my job a few days letter. You should be ok getting TN at POE *but* dont just say to them: "oh i will turn back right now itself". Get the TN, enter the US and then after some time (few hours or so), you can go back to Canada