Tn Visa Problem

sumitsaini

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
i have a problem, last week i went to the border to apply for the tn visa.They rejected it and said that the bachelors degree in states or canada is 4 yrs degree but i have a bachelors degree which is 3 yrs , plus i have a 2 yr diploma also.
I told them if, you add them it will sum for 5 yrs . SO can anyone tell me where i can get my credentials evaluated. i have an job offer from Atlanta, USA.
Itz very urgent , please help me out

take care
sumit

sumitsaini said:
Hi Everyone,
i have a problem, last week i went to the border to apply for the tn visa.They rejected it and said that the bachelors degree in states or canada is 4 yrs degree but i have a bachelors degree which is 3 yrs , plus i have a 2 yr diploma also.
I told them if, you add them it will sum for 5 yrs . SO can anyone tell me where i can get my credentials evaluated. i have an job offer from Atlanta, USA.
Itz very urgent , please help me out

take care
sumit
Hi
I'm applying for as a computer system analyst as thru TN Visa. I had my degree from India and also i obtained a diploma of 2 years from India.
I applied at Buffalo border, so also is it possible to go to the airport to apply the tn visa.

take care
sumit

Tn Visa

sumitsaini said:
Hi
I'm applying for as a computer system analyst as thru TN Visa. I had my degree from India and also i obtained a diploma of 2 years from India.
I applied at Buffalo border, so also is it possible to go to the airport to apply the tn visa.

take care
sumit

tn Visa

sumitsaini said:
Hi
I'm applying for as a computer system analyst as thru TN Visa. I had my degree(3 years) from India and also i obtained a diploma of 2 years from India.

take care
sumit

sumitsaini said:
Hi Everyone,
i have a bachelors degree which is 3 yrs , plus i have a 2 yr diploma also.
I told them if, you add them it will sum for 5 yrs .

If you have a 4 year degree, you should be fine. The evaluator can determine that. If you have a 2 year degree, then you also need 3 years of experience.

Hi ,
I have no idea who were the free trade officer. If ur concerned is to the officer who rejected , i can assure who was he. He was litttle old around 50 age. SO if i get my evaluation done from where u gave me the phone number , will be helpful.
thankz for your adivce, lEtz see wht happens

take care
sumit

sumitsaini said:
I have no idea who were the free trade officer.
bzuccaro brings up a good point. Many denials occur because there was no Free Trade Office present at the time, and because the case in question may not be 100% straight forward. Call the POE ahead of time, and ask them for times when the free trade officer is on duty. Some borders such as Champlain, NY only have a free trade officer during regular business hours. I learned this lesson the hard way, and I was denied the first time I tried to get my TN,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the POE contact tel #'s. I am planning to apply through the Vancouver Airport.
Thanks..

hi
im little confuse to get my credentials evaluated , there are so many places in USA but which one is best and be helpful to get ,theres one thedegreepeople.com which is quite expensive around $850.

SO is there any better place to get it equilvent.
ALso i would like to ask, if any univeristy in toronto gives the credentials equilvancy ,would that be enough to get the visa, Because i have a 3 yr degree from India.

plz reply back ASAP

sumit

andan said:
Hi
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the POE contact tel #'s. I am planning to apply through the Vancouver Airport.
Thanks..
By the way, if you're going through a Canadian airport, chances are that you're not going through a POE, your going through preclearance (aka pre-flight inspection - PFI) . Not a problem, just terminology. POE's are only on US soil.

You can start here:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/preclear_locations.xml
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

Vancouver Preclearance
Vancouver International Airport
International Terminal - Level 3
Room C3742.0
Richmond, British Columbia V7B 1Y7
Officer in Charge
Phone: 604-278-7422

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
nop i have'nt try thiz one. But i will call them on monday wht will see. But as concerned i have only 3 months experience.

thankz